What colour is your vRS?

Chappers.

On 23/11/2021 at 23:58, T13 said:

When we walked to the dealer from the parking lot we walked past beautiful Steel Grey Octavia vRS Combi. Steel Grey was THE ONLY color me and especially my wife wanted because it’s just soooo cool color and our Fabia 1.0TSI DSG Monte Carlo Combi we traded in was Steel Grey and we both loved it. Our plan was to order FWD TDI vRS Combi without almost any extras. We walked to the salesman an he said THE COLOR is discontinued!

Aaargh. I was thinking maybe that new green or white. So we then asked is that new Octavia vRS outside sold. And salesman said no. Well turned out it was Octavia Combi vRS TDI 4x4 with almost asl extras but pano roof. It was the only one that color in Finland left. I was oh ****e that is expensive model… So I said to my wife and salesman that I have to go walk around other cars and think about it. When I came back my wife just said to me

”honey we already made the paperwork and I signed, It’s ours and we get in 5 days!”😁

ps. That Steel Grey color cost us 14K€🤣

pps. On the drive home I asked my wife what happened. She said ”Have you forgot, If I go to buy car I don’t want to wait months and months I want it now and I wanted Steel Grey no matter what, I don’t care how much it costs if I want it and If I want something I will always get it!” I was like okay…women😁I have to admit 4x4 is very useful in Finnish snowy winter and it’s a great car to drive😊We both love it.

ADAD560A-9F9C-48C1-B422-1A46F91C7848.jpeg

0F35398E-6D82-4FE6-A5FD-071D54D332E9.jpeg

0CCBE4D7-506A-45E7-96B5-9EF61C729DF4.jpeg

She’s a keeper!

• Love it! 1

Thanks for all your help folks, it has really assisted. Placed an order this evening for the estate in Race Blue (with a couple of options 😉 ).

Now just got to settle in for the looooong wait.

• Like 3

On 24/11/2021 at 01:58, T13 said:

When we walked to the dealer from the parking lot we walked past beautiful Steel Grey Octavia vRS Combi. Steel Grey was THE ONLY color me and especially my wife wanted because it’s just soooo cool color and our Fabia 1.0TSI DSG Monte Carlo Combi we traded in was Steel Grey and we both loved it. Our plan was to order FWD TDI vRS Combi without almost any extras. We walked to the salesman an he said THE COLOR is discontinued!

Aaargh. I was thinking maybe that new green or white. So we then asked is that new Octavia vRS outside sold. And salesman said no. Well turned out it was Octavia Combi vRS TDI 4x4 with almost asl extras but pano roof. It was the only one that color in Finland left. I was oh ****e that is expensive model… So I said to my wife and salesman that I have to go walk around other cars and think about it. When I came back my wife just said to me

”honey we already made the paperwork and I signed, It’s ours and we get in 5 days!”😁

ps. That Steel Grey color cost us 14K€🤣

pps. On the drive home I asked my wife what happened. She said ”Have you forgot, If I go to buy car I don’t want to wait months and months I want it now and I wanted Steel Grey no matter what, I don’t care how much it costs if I want it and If I want something I will always get it!” I was like okay…women😁I have to admit 4x4 is very useful in Finnish snowy winter and it’s a great car to drive😊We both love it.

0F35398E-6D82-4FE6-A5FD-071D54D332E9.jpeg

Whats up with women and colors. I have to admit that i would not be getting a Mamba green RS IV without my GF. 

• Like 1

My wife was very explicit that Mamba Green is the only option she will consider from the list of available colors, when Steel/Meteor Grey was discontinued.

The Phoenix Orange was not yet available then, it might have been a contender, but she's definitely partial to the green one.

So yes, wifes seem to be quite particular about their choices 🙂 Fortunately, I agree with her most often in my preferences, so noone is cross about the outcome. 

22 hours ago, Mati said:

My wife was very explicit that Mamba Green is the only option she will consider from the list of available colors, when Steel/Meteor Grey was discontinued.

The Phoenix Orange was not yet available then, it might have been a contender, but she's definitely partial to the green one.

So yes, wifes seem to be quite particular about their choices 🙂 Fortunately, I agree with her most often in my preferences, so noone is cross about the outcome. 

Yeah we're also quite similar in taste. it was mamba green with RS or race blue with e-etec :)
When we were looking at a EV for GF, we almost got the Kiwi green Citigo-e. Would have been nice with the next year arriving Mamba green :) Ended up with Chester blue Mii electric since it has 5yo warranty and found a good one with 1500km mileage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...