Battery causing various errors

Cornish_Lad

I didn't realise that XTOOL 401 is still a low level scan tool.

Everything seems to be about the rear left TPMS and ABS so I'd remove that wheel and see if the wiring or connector(s) to any sensor(s) there are clean, secure and fully protected electrically and mechanically.

I'd soft brush off and mud/crud/crap, then if require wire brush off any rust.  Then if you have a vacuum cleaner that also blows that can be useful with careful use, use as suction first to clear what you can.  Check inside any electrical connectors if they look susceptible or you're not sure.  Clean the plugs, pins and sockets with electrical contact cleaner spray and if you want coat the pins with your protectant of choice.

Also check your tyre pressures and reset the TPMS if required.

All easy cheap work if you have the time.

Worry about clearing the error codes once you have the car checked and running well (you could even try again with either scanner if they have the required VAG programs).

Edited by nta16

• 2 weeks later...

Grab this guy and get your arms around him and don't let him disappear and be very selective who you tell about him as you don't want him swamped with unappreciative idiots for customers.

I used to go to a good chap and he was having problems with an unrealistic customer and I told him he was too cheap so he would attract idiots like that and he should put his prices up, which he did and I was the first customer to get that price increase and the next which was fine by me as it meant he wasn't wasting his time with the cheap job idiots.  I recommended him to a mate and he had his business partner go there too and sometimes I'd drive the cars over there then the inevitable I struggle to get my car in because the other two were lined up for work!

4 hours ago, Cornish_Lad said:

He also made me aware of a fault code that was present on his SnapOn reader (but interestingly not present on either Carista or the XTool)

Must happen a lot, a low level reader or scanner won't see all and can leave a record of codes you think it's deleted.

Changing the thread title is entirely your concern but you did have a battery and warning lights/message problem too, which was the start of this episode - but great it's all sorted now, pity your man in Cornwall is so far from Northampton.

• Like 2

Can I change the thread title ?  Not sure I can .... if anyone can point me towards the icon I click to do it, I'll happily amend it (whilst leaving the original title in place) ..

Cheers

If you were a Freedom member you would be able to do so by going back and editing your original post.

If you really want to, write what you'd like to change it to in a reply below this one, then report your post via the ... in the top right. This will come to the attention of a mod/admin in due course, who would be able to make the change for you.

Probably not really worth the trouble to be fair.

Consider upgrading your membership as a Christmas present to yourself and Briskoda though.  :)

• Like 3