SD Audio File Type

I think a lot of the detail in the audio files is lost in the general quality of the loudspeakers and by all the general noises when driving. but if one has Canton and drive in a perpetual traffic jam, it might be different! I copied most of my audio onto the computer in the days when storage was expensive; when a big portable storage system was a 32GB iPod. So I copied everything onto .mp3 at 128mb/sec. Clearly if you're starting now, and you keep versions to listen to at home, then a lossless codec is the way to go.

As to album covers. I think that you need to avoid images bigger than 600x600 pixels. Anything bigger might not display.

19 hours ago, 100andthirty said:

I think a lot of the detail in the audio files is lost in the general quality of the loudspeakers and by all the general noises when driving. but if one has Canton and drive in a perpetual traffic jam, it might be different! I copied most of my audio onto the computer in the days when storage was expensive; when a big portable storage system was a 32GB iPod. So I copied everything onto .mp3 at 128mb/sec. Clearly if you're starting now, and you keep versions to listen to at home, then a lossless codec is the way to go.

As to album covers. I think that you need to avoid images bigger than 600x600 pixels. Anything bigger might not display.

I do have the Canton setup! Particularly puzzled by the Voice Enhancement option... I thought it meant voice on the stereo. Freaked my whole family out when our voices starting echoing!