problem emission control system.

image.png.e6899c80bbfc9401fbb8b438eb79e567.png

HI all,

for a few days I have this light on. Has it happened to someone? I have to take it to the workshop but I can't for 1 week, in case it has happened to someone and it is easier to solve it yourself, thank you!  I try disconnect battery for a few seconds but not resolve the issue.

my car is a SUPERB MKIII 2015   2.0tdi 150

The EML (engine management light) can come on for any number of reasons, youll get lots of people say 'it was X so i changed Y' but there is a million combinations of X and Y depending on the fault code, fault itself and your vehicles setup. The only way of knowing is by plugging in to a reliable diagnostic scanner that will give a fault code and description that would assist you or the garage finding the cause. 

Whether its safe to drive or not is a unknown factor as it could be an emissions fault meaning it will be safe in the short term or it could be a timing/fuel issue causing possible engine damage. There is sadly no way to know without it being plugged in.

I had this come on last week, my wife has been short trips in the car to work, and we'd not been on a good run for a while. 

Following a 120 mile round trip it seems to of cleared itself, so I can only assume its linked to the DPF, and the car not getting hot enough to regen.

Is there not a dedicated DPF warning light to tell you to go on a drive at elevated revs?

Mine has only come on once when the engine was being started & stopped & the car driven on and off the drive frequently during the crash repairs but it was unmistakenly an exhaust filter symbol. It may even have given me instructions via the maxidot display but I could have imagined that.

I believe the DPF heat is self generated on VAG Euro 6 SCR systems as part of the regen sequence, so probably no need to drive the car until the engine is extra hot.

But please correct me if I've got this wrong...

It does yes or at least I assume so? but on my previous A3 that I had for 4 years I saw it maybe 3 times, yet had my EGR replaced due to carbon build up twice, Both times the car went into limp mode with a flashing EML light. Almost like it was skipping the DPF regen warning and going straight to fault mode.

Edited by Hdsn555

I think your A3 probably recirculated exhaust gases before they entered the DPF,  later Euro 6 engines recirculate the exhaust gases after they have been through the DPF, hence less carbon build up on the the later engines, but crystallization of AdBlue takes place instead.

Anyhow regards emission problems on 2.0TDi 150 Euro 6 engines, take a look at the fun T6 owners are having....

NOx sensor and Adblue faults codes | VW T6 Transporter Forum (t6forum.com) 

sorry the delay.

i bought a OBD2 elevenpro for diagnostic, and i have on motor unit a P067400 fault code.  --> fault of glow of cilinder number 4.   i replace the glow and clean de fault with obd2 and now problem is solved. 

Automatic Start-Stop disabled too with obd2.

thanks¡¡

image.png.dbe508850c4f3f0674c2cc022227172d.png

• Like 1