Can I remap my 2017 1.4se Octavia to get better fuel economy

In my experience a remap will not improve your fuel economy.

The biggest impact to fuel economy will be your driving style.

Reducing motorway speed will help if you do a lot of motorway miles. 60-65mph will be a lot better than 75-80mph for example.

Keeping the correct tyre pressures will help as will a clean air filter and good servicing.

Another one to note would be to run on Super Unleaded. Yes it costs more but the fuel economy is better.

Save your money on the remap - it won't give you what you want.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Greenline3Matt said:

In my experience a remap will not improve your fuel economy.

The biggest impact to fuel economy will be your driving style.

Reducing motorway speed will help if you do a lot of motorway miles. 60-65mph will be a lot better than 75-80mph for example.

Keeping the correct tyre pressures will help as will a clean air filter and good servicing.

Another one to note would be to run on Super Unleaded. Yes it costs more but the fuel economy is better.

Save your money on the remap - it won't give you what you want.

+++^^ Imagine that you have an egg under your right foot.

1 hour ago, Warrior193 said:

+++^^ Imagine that you have an egg under your right foot.

If you fancy living a bit more dangerously, then put a real one there. I'm not responsible for it rolling under other pedals or it making a mess of your carpet though... see the tiny text in my signature to show that I wash my hands of any responsibility. :rofl:

• Haha 1

@MONKEYSPRAM  Welcome.

Sorry not an answer to your question, 

but 38 mpg around town seems a pretty good economy from a 1.4TSI. 

You could easily get a remap but i can not imagine it will  improve the economy around town .

Does it really go 38 miles from each 4.56 litre of petrol?

?

Is that around Newcastle and how long are the trips you do? 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

As above. 38 doesn't sound too bad. We get roughly 35 average with our 1.5 and that has cylinder-on-demand. Where the economy shines on these mid size turbo petrols is cruising. Can happily get 50+ on a motorway run. And my mates 1.4 a3 is similar.

• Like 3

Ok, Thanks.

I only travel 12miles a day on 30mph roads and I was thinking my economy should of been better than I was getting. Also I went from having an older diesel to this newer one, sp I probably just used to that too.

• Thanks 1