Genuine Skoda Oil Filter number?

• 1 year later...
On 14/12/2021 at 10:13, Breezy_Pete said:

06L115562B I think, which superseded 06L115562 at some point Oil Filter 1.8TSI, 2.0TSI Škoda 06L115562B (skoda-parts.com)

Looking to get Oil filter, oil and sump plug for my TSI280 2018. I can find multiple filters under this number in Autodoc but on TPS website I find nothing despite others quoting this is where you get genuine parts. When i put my reg in it offers me batteries or wipers only. Any idea what I`m doing wrong. Happy to go with alternative but was going to try genuine first

Also on Autodoc the FEBI BILSTEIN  sump plug says without sealing ring, is this correct or do i need to buy this separate?

3 hours ago, Macsamillion said:

Looking to get Oil filter, oil and sump plug for my TSI280 2018. I can find multiple filters under this number in Autodoc but on TPS website I find nothing despite others quoting this is where you get genuine parts. When i put my reg in it offers me batteries or wipers only. Any idea what I`m doing wrong. Happy to go with alternative but was going to try genuine first

Also on Autodoc the FEBI BILSTEIN  sump plug says without sealing ring, is this correct or do i need to buy this separate?

theres no need for a new sump plug, for good measure just wrap a bit of ptfe tape round the threads of the old plug

its no wonder the landfill sites are burst at the seams   😂

put your reg into eurocarparts and you'll get a choice of filter brands ie  bosch, mahle etc

i find the best price  for oil is ebay, you can normally get it from audi or vw main dealers advertising on ebay so you know your getting the genuine stuff

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, 310golfr said:

theres no need for a new sump plug, for good measure just wrap a bit of ptfe tape round the threads of the old plug

put your reg into eurocarparts and you'll get a choice of filter brands ie  bosch, mahle etc

i find the best price  for oil is ebay, you can normally get it from audi or vw main dealers advertising on ebay so you know your getting the genuine stuff

If I need to put ptfe on it then I will replace it lol. Last thing I want is a bit of Ptfe tape getting loose in my lump. That stuff was banned in oil and gas sites for a reason. Great for plumbing though

2 hours ago, 310golfr said:

Seen as the 2.0tsi EA888 engines use a plastic sump with a plastic sump plug that has an O ring - DONT put any PTFE tape on as it will leak.... Instead, when removed, clean the sump plug and inspect the O-ring for any damage, if any is found, replace, if not, reuse is perfectly fine.

06L103801 - plastic sump plug

06L115562 for all 2.0TSI engines - which has now superseeded to 06L115562B

• Crying 1

19 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Seen as the 2.0tsi EA888 engines use a plastic sump with a plastic sump plug that has an O ring - DONT put any PTFE tape on as it will leak.... Instead, when removed, clean the sump plug and inspect the O-ring for any damage, if any is found, replace, if not, reuse is perfectly fine.

06L103801 - plastic sump plug

06L115562 for all 2.0TSI engines - which has now superseeded to 06L115562B

fair enough,  just had a look at those plastic sump plugs and if vw using plastic sumps as well, it stinks of cost cutting to me,

no doubt they will claim it all to do with weight savings but they aint fooling me

been using ptfe on the metal threaded tdi engine sump plugs for as long as i can remember,

i wonder if the tdi engine now has a plastic sump, i must have a look at my 2022 plate superb  which is due for an oil change shortly

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

fair enough,  just had a look at those plastic sump plugs and if vw using plastic sumps as well, it stinks of cost cutting to me,

It may be cost cutting/weight saving but whats the problem with that? Both are good things if quality isnt compromised. 

Rocker covers have been made of plastic for over 20 years now, and in all my time working on these plastic sumped VAG engines (100s with over 100k on the clock), I dont think ive seen a plastic sump fail because its plastic - ive seen many impact damaged ones but a alloy sump wouldnt fare much better. If anything ive seen less leaks from them, mainly due to the fact that people cant crossthread these quarter turn sump plugs and cause leaks that way. 

Not sure about the newer TDI engines to be honest, i believe they are still metal sumped, but may be wrong. 

Edited by ApertureS

11 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

It may be cost cutting/weight saving but whats the problem with that? Both are good things if quality isnt compromised. 

Rocker covers have been made of plastic for over 20 years now, and in all my time working on these plastic sumped VAG engines (100s with over 100k on the clock), I dont think ive seen a plastic sump fail because its plastic - ive seen many impact damaged ones but a alloy sump wouldnt fare much better. If anything ive seen less leaks from them, mainly due to the fact that people cant crossthread these quarter turn sump plugs and cause leaks that way. 

Not sure about the newer TDI engines to be honest, i believe they are still metal sumped, but may be wrong. 

maybe i'm just old skool, but i think if you asked most people , they would prefer metal to plastic for most things.

As a heating engineer for the last 40 yrs or so, i see alot of boilers nowadays with plastic waterways / manifolds cracking etc, worcester bosch being one of the worst,

it would'nt happen if they where still make out of brass but cost cutting seems to be the norm nowadays with everything.