interesting!

Dont know tbh, sit in the Audi A6 and see if its to far away.

If the new Superb is A6 based, then surely most of us wont be driving the new car:finger: . Is ok pricing this model close to Passat money, but if A6 based, must be looking at many

The A6 is the same platform as the A4 and Passat anyhow. All that changes is the wheel base length.

Is that correct?

I thought the "platform" or floor pan was the most expensive (design wise) and important bit of each car. To increase the wheel base you have to change the floor pan, and hence its design. I thought VAG "borrowed" a design of a "stretched" Passat floor pan that was originally produced for the Chinese market in order to produce the Superb, which is why it has a longer wheel base. But AFAIK they did not do that for the A6, which I thought had a different floor pan design to the A4/Passat. Or have I got all that wrong?

Is that correct?

I thought the "platform" or floor pan was the most expensive (design wise) and important bit of each car. To increase the wheel base you have to change the floor pan' date=' and hence its design. I thought VAG "borrowed" a design of a "stretched" Passat floor pan that was originally produced for the Chinese market in order to produce the Superb, which is why it has a longer wheel base. But AFAIK they did not do that for the A6, which I thought had a different floor pan design to the A4/Passat. Or have I got all that wrong?[/quote']

Platform is really how the suspension/engine etc is arranged. If you moving production to another plant then changing the length of a floorpan is not really an issue.

The Octavia 1, Golf Mk4, Beetle, Leon 1, Toledo 1, Audi A3, TT all share the same Platform (known as A4 platform) but differ in things like wheelbase and overall length.

I believe that Skoda will keep the traditional naming convention and call it the Fabulous:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And thats only cause "really f**kin good car" takes up too much space on the boot

:confused:

You must be a shortass' date=' as mine is plenty close enough.[/quote']

Nah, it's you that must be the short *** ;)

It's because i'm 6ft 1" that I have the seat nearly all the way back, hence the gearstick is too far away, to get my legs in the ideal position for the pedals means having the seat ALL the way back, then the gear stick really is too far away to drive comfortably, so I compromise and have the seat a couple of notches from the back.

It's not a perfect position, and in all honesty I think the pedals are actually the main culprit, they need to be set further back, but basically the driving position is seriously flawed and a major design fault.

Nah' date=' it's you that must be the short *** ;)

It's because i'm 6ft 1" that I have the seat nearly all the way back, hence the gearstick is too far away, to get my legs in the ideal position for the pedals means having the seat ALL the way back, then the gear stick really is too far away to drive comfortably, so I compromise and have the seat a couple of notches from the back.

It's not a perfect position, and in all honesty I think the pedals are actually the main culprit, they need to be set further back, but basically the driving position is seriously flawed and a major design fault.[/quote']

6ft1 an a bit, nigh on 16st with long legs especially my thighs.

I find the gearstick ok position wise, and can easily find a good driving position.

If you want an awkward gearstick, try a VW Transporter T4, with the gearstick floor mounted between the bench and drivers seat. Low down and set away from you.

maybe your a freak with really long legs and really short arms??

I've sat in a superb and got perfectly comfortable and i am 7'3" with an inside leg of 48" *:)

*rough approximation of height/inside leg only and should not be used as accurate car basing figures.