Amundsen MIB2 no internet connection

Tbjay124

Hi all,

it’s been 6 months since I last posted on my no internet connection, to be honest I had given up on it all together.

However today whilst browsing my phone apps I clicked on MySkoda App and up should pop is a new registration key giving me basic Apps until September this year free, so I thought what the hell I may as well try it, did take a few attempts mainly down to getting a good signal and re-connecting my phone.

Can’t tell you how surprised I was when a message pops up saying “congratulations registration was successful “ 

Didn’t get an email off Skoda asking me to retry connecting, may have been available for months, so they must have been working on in the background, did take a very long time with lots of visits to dealership, but well done Skoda for finally sorting it.

At least now I can test it out and see if it’s something I want to pay for once trial has run out.

Hi czs13,

Thanks for replying to my post, so it seems it was up and running 3 months ago, with the amount of people having connection problems they would have let us know, unless they didn’t want everyone trying to connect at the same time.

I think in my case it is just a 3 month free trial so doesn’t really matter wether it started then or now. At least it is working now.

• 2 months later...

I spent MONTHS trying to sort this and the fix is actually REALLY easy now I know!

This may not work for everyone so please don’t shoot me but my Karoq was just hanging for AGES! And then error. 

All I did to fix it, after months of searching, was create an accounts at www.Skoda-connect.com

Click login and the next page gives you the ability to create an account. Follow the steps. 

Once done you can connect BUT you will then get an error saying licence invalid. 

It turns out you need to pay £44 per year for a licence here https://www.skoda-auto.com/connectivity/connect

Then as if by magic everything works!

If trying to tether to an iPhone hotspot you need to turn on Maximise Compatibility within your Personal Hotspot settings. Even then it didn’t find mine so I manually entered it and it works perfectly. 

I hope this helps

Thanks mate but that wasn't the issue, there was a back end issue with Skoda Connect at that time stopping new registrations that was fixed.

If only we had the experience you did! Would have been a much happier customer, at the time.

Hi TheGreyKaroq,

Antimus is correct here it was a back end issue on Skoda’s part, I had all but given up on ever getting connected then for some reason I thought I would try it one more time and after requesting a new registration code it connected and apparently had been up and running for a month or two, but no notification from Skoda Connect saying to try it again.

they gave me a two month free trial to try it out and to be honest wasn’t very impressed with it, perhaps if it was a paid for version I might have gotten more features.

I got sick of forgetting to connect my iPhone to the car every time I got in, and so had nothing unless I pulled over somewhere and went through the connection process, so after all the hassle and my trial period was us I decided not to purchase a years license.

I suppose for anyone who does a lot of driving up and down the country it could be beneficial, but not for me.