Amundsen MIB2 no internet connection

Tbjay124

Mine was working for few months at the beginning, until I try to do an online cartography update few months ago and….,it doesn’t work anymore. Stupid gimmick 🤬
It could be very useful to update software or gps system, but reality is different. 

Well today was the day I have been waiting for, having had my car booked into the dealership to see if they could connect it to the internet.

After about an hour’s wait sat drinking coffee they came back to me saying they was unable to get it to connect (now there’s a surprise) and have no escalated the problem to Skoda technician team, been there already done that through Skoda Connect, the lady at the dealership said this is the first time she has seen this happen, told her about all the case’s on here all with the same problem.

I did say I would give up on it if they failed today, but I will let things take there course now and see if the tech guys come up with any answers.

Not expecting any answers any time soon though, but as ever I will keep you all informed.

Hi Cremtothemem, welcome

I would be very interested to hear if they do solve it for you, but you are right not to raise your hopes very much.

Definitely a problem with the software their end, not individual cars.

Well I also have this problem.

Would be interested to know how long it took from putting in the activation code to the "No data Link" message 

mine is about 30 seconds

I was using a Samsung A52 (5g) over sky - and I could not even get to the code screen 

so I got an old Sony Z5 out using a smarty card and that let me get to and input the code which then started the process and then failed after about 30 seconds

however, i also got a error message on the Sony phone saying "Tethering Error" which disappeared - everything else looked fine

Maybe the issue is related to the phone and/or the mobile network or even just a tethering issue

I found Amazon (uk) selling the LTE stick for £48 so i have procured one (delivery on wednesday) to try and see if that works ok on the smarty card

will also post any results

Hi amenzel

I have had various times for the “no data link” to show up, I have found that I have to have a full strength 5g or 4g signal on my iPhone before I can get the enter registration screen up, once entered the no date link comes up instantly.

4 hours ago, Tbjay124 said:

Hi amenzel

I have had various times for the “no data link” to show up, I have found that I have to have a full strength 5g or 4g signal on my iPhone before I can get the enter registration screen up, once entered the no date link comes up instantly.

Yes at first with the Sony  (only LTE capable) I also had it connected via Bluetooth and it also came up with no data link instantly. I read you should not try and tether and Bluetooth at the same time so I switched off the Bluetooth and just used the hot spot WLAN. this then allowed me to enter the registration code and it starts to register but fail after a while.

In my case the infotainment system mostly didn't get to the point for me to be able to enter the code and i wasn't able to get infos on the services from the settings (as shown in the pictures). This Sunday i tried again, and to my surprise it wanted me to enter the code... after that it was thinking for about 20-30sec (didn't time it exactly) and then came the error message "No data link available"....

On the other hand, Skoda answered to my email, and asked for more information.... and that was that... didn't hear from them since

PXL_20220215_180920901.jpg

PXL_20220215_180827203.jpg

PXL_20220220_111341841.jpg

Hi all, 

Just got a call from my garage. They told me I had to enter my drivers license into the infotainment system, which I was not aware of. They said they may need to keep the car in for another day to make sure it works. 

Did any of you have to enter drivers license details? 

Hello,

where exactly should one enter the driver license info (in the infotaiment)?

Me they told that the phone number linked to the skoda id was a prerequisite of the whole system working, there is no way that the system can work without those linked infos... the first question i asked is, then how the heck did it function for 3 years?

Let's just say, i have the feeling they are poking around like children in the dark. My infotainment system stopped connecting while on a trip abroad. The first thing they did was trying to explain to me, that different mobile providers have different data access protocols. It didn't help that i told them it worked all the way through Germany, Austria, Hungary and even Romania within 2 days, and when is suddenly stopped, it stopped everywhere. Not to say, that the phones' access protocol is the same in roaming, and fixed on ipv4.

You cannot find someone who would actually listen to what you have to say. It is like going to the doctors' with symptoms and self diagnosed (i understand, the doc is actually doing his own assessment and filtering your input), but in this case the doc is trying to tell you that your blurry vision is caused by an ingrown toenail... really poor performance (and on top of it, you pay a subscription for the treatment)...

Okayyyy so some bad news lol. 

They apparently tried for the whole afternoon and couldn't get it to work. They went into diagnostics and reset all modules. And they tried different hotspots (like we all have) and I told them about this forum. So he said they have contacted skoda for more guidance and should receive a reply by tomorrow afternoon🤷🏽‍♂️ 

I told them during the last phone call about the license information and they said they have to do it through their own system. 

I'll keep you all updated tomorrow!

The Skoda reps here did almost the same thing, without resetting the modules (there cannot be anything wrong with the modules because there is no fault code... one could argue with that). They asked me to delete my skoda account within the skoda app with the hope it would connect. I tried to tell them, that the problem resides before the app, the whole system should function also without the app (it did before). They took a look in their system and it showed that the infotainment online was active for my car until 07/22, but the car was not allocated to a user in their system. I told them, that there is where the problem lies... and then they asked me to contact skoda directly... the rest is already known... i find the guys at the dealership are tapping in the dark, and the ones at skoda are the quintessence of incapability...

I wonder what happens if the car relies more on internet and skoda servers... welcome to the new age :D

@Cremtothemem: i hope you have more luck than i, keep us posted

11 hours ago, czs13 said:

They took a look in their system and it showed that the infotainment online was active for my car until 07/22, but the car was not allocated to a user in their system.

Yes that exactly may be a problem.

For reasons of saving money they engaged incompetent team to work on sw side and they messed database loosing linkage Infotainment unit SNs and to paid subscriptions. So they cannot enable usage of paid subscriptions. And because we speak of huge scandal and 100s of millions of euros of money they took, they are struggling to coverup and hope car owners will just give up.

You know, from sw point of view this is so trivial functionality even kid from highschool can do in a homework task. Only reason they cannot implement this is if they lost the data to link together. This may even be result of ransomware attack but anyhow it is result of blunt incompetency imho.

Owners are not capable nor willing to start law suites, so they will get away with 100 million earning on service they are not providing.

I bet some executives will even get big bonus for great profitability on this.

Well @pa_ko, that's also my own opinion, i am just hoping there is a solution to it... with this level of incompetence how can you trust the new era of cars, where they are continuously linked...

It cannot be enough to be able to say, if it works, it can do this and that... it should work 100%. Imagine saying, well if the brakes work, the performance is good :D. And the trend is unfortunately putting the software more to work. This, on the other hand, requires people who know what they do

well carstick is in and it gives me internet over the car as a hotspot to lots of phones - even my laptops etc (oh and the traffic data - shows up under a menu item called "NETWORK" under the WLAN menu and under phone button

But still No data link - though reading the old user manual again, after selecting register there should be some other menus to delete a user or change a user. which does not appear

red world icon still there so the issue is defo that the infotainment can not connect with skoda on line services

Hi, just got the car back from the garage. They kept it for two days and apparently Skoda was asking so many questions about the metrics of the car, live data of the car, but no real reply as to when or how it will be fixed. 

They said it is, and isn't covered under warranty. I asked what they meant and they said just take the car and we will take it on the chin 🤷🏽‍♂️

I don't have much hope atm. I have Internet with white globe and it updates traffic

Hi All

reading this after just visiting my local dealer with exactly the same issue. 

1. red globe

2. spinning activation screen, never requests PIN number on my iPhone.

3. Linked WLAN to iPhone hotspot and my home Virgin 350 Wi-Fi.

4. Factory reset just Skoda connect and all settings

tried everything, even had the great team at my local dealer come out to the car and attempt it also. 

I simply want it to connect to see the free options. I can’t remember adding any credit card details in the app so how would they charge you? Even so surely you can cancel it anyway. 

car has to go back in coming weeks, I think I will just ask for a software upgrade. If that doesn’t work then I will quit for now. 

will be watching on her anyway.

Hi,

the infotainment online was free for me the first 12 months, i used the traffic infos a lot, in Germany is quite good. after that you have to pay for a subscription on a yearly basis, i always renewed the services logged in on my pc

So here we all are, waiting for a software update on the car system or a signal from Skoda central servers or data centres that this Skoda Connect and online systems are now fixed and fully working. 

If anyone gets their systems updated by their dealer and it makes a difference to this, or has a wonder solution please post it on here. 

I have so far lost faith in it. Going to wait for the next update and see if Skoda fixes anything at all. 

in the end of the day they can’t keep selling cars where the app doesn’t work in the new or nearly new cars. Someone will want results and something will be done.

cheers All …

10 hours ago, TheRookieGB said:

in the end of the day they can’t keep selling cars where the app doesn’t work in the new or nearly new cars. Someone will want results and something will be done.

Don't bet on that.