Superb tyres recommendations

2 hours ago, Duggerchopz said:

I can recommend Pirelli All Season SF2.  Pretty close to the best in all round performance but I opted for them due to their quietness/ comfort

Just looked at the Pirellis but don't do them in the size I'm after🙁

4 hours ago, johncoppo said:

Just looked at the Pirellis but don't do them in the size I'm after🙁

Pirelli all season SF2 are available in 235/45 R18 98Y XL with seal inside

Michelin cross Climate 2 would be good alternative

If you want something with a quieter (69db) rating then there is new Nokia seasonproof

I have no personal experience of any of these 3

• Thanks 1

Below 0 degrees Centrigrade, the Kleber Quadraxer 2 outperforms most all-season tyres. Handling in the snow is better than the CrossClimate 2. At under £130 including shipping, it's a lot less than the Michelin. Kleber is a Michelin brand, and should give similar high mileage. Think of the Quadraxer 2 as a winter tyre, that can also be used in the summer...ie, a winterised all-season tyre, so like the Nokian all-season tyres that are also winter focused.

245/45R18 is a good alternative to the standard 235/45R18 tyre size on the Superb MK3's 8J rims. The sidewalls on 245/45R18 will bulge out a little more than the 235/45R18 size, thereby giving a little more rim protection from kerbing damage. The ride should be slightly improved too.  245/45R18 is a more common and cheaper size than 235/45R18.

Kleber Quadraxer 2 245/45R18 All-Season Tyre (only about 1% bigger outside diameter than the standard 235/45R18 size)

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/tyre/Kleber/Quadraxer-2/245-45-R18-100W-XL/R-388833

Quadraxer2.jpg&gr=100

Edited by Carlston
  • Thanks 1

Concur with Carlston - 245/45 18s been great on mine - Michelin Cross Climate+ fitted over a year ago - I’ve found them great in wet, snow, and dry so kept them on through last Summer - I think these are now superseded by Cross Climate 2. I invested in an OE set of 18” wheels after damaging one of my original 19s on a low kerb.1492093768_ZenithPlatinum.thumb.jpg.b6b18768cf22f5e0ca2da99b3286f3a4.jpg

Edited by Just
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1