Less noisy cabin noise when clutch is pressed

Mavver

I own a 64 plate and it needed a new clutch about two years with about 30k miles on the clock. The sounds that the original poster refers to only started following the clutch change. No problems with clutch or gearbox. 

All I know is on mine there is a little bit of a rattle but goes once engine warm  but there is definitely some sort of noise even when warm because when I press clutch it’s deadly silent in cabin and when I release clutch there’s a sort of buzzing noise weather this is normal I don’t know but I’m not worrying anymore because it will drive me in to an early grave 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Ardcarn said:

I have a citigo from new since 2014.

Who would have both a Citigo and a Fabia III.

👈

Thanks, AG Falco

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I noticed quite a loud noise the other day, just after starting the car and it disappeared when I floored the clutch pedal. The car had just had a new cambelt so I was concerned that something was amiss. I went back to the dealership (10 miles) and by the time I got there the noise had almost disappeared.

The tech who'd done the cambelt and the service manager checked out the car and said the level of noise they were hearing was normal for a Citigo. To prove it they got the keys of two 18 plate Citigo's that were on the forecourt and truth be told the sound was identical to mine as it was when warmed up. Of course the only way for them to hear it when it's cold is to leave the car with them overnight. 

Now it could be that the car has always made the noise when cold but I normally drive straight off somewhere and rarely idle the car straight after starting. Also, because you have to floor the clutch to start the car, you won't hear the noise unless you then release the clutch pedal. So the noise might have been there ever since I got the car but I've not ever let the clutch up before moving off.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this helps, we have a Citigo with the same noise when in neutral, depress the clutch and noise is gone.....I also figured it was clutch or gearbox noise. We also had a bit of difficulty selecting reverse so I decided to get the gearbox overhauled and fit a new clutch, £600 later we still have the same noise! I took the car to a local Skoda dealership and he confirmed the noise is normal.

Regards Mark