Start Stop Issue Skoda Superb 280ps 4x4

Hello :)

this is my first time posting on the forum so forgive me if I do anything wrong.

I'm having an annoying issue with my Skoda whereby it's cutting out when rolling to a stop as part of the start stop feature however it's really struggling to restart. When it stops at a standstill it's completely fine however when coming into a roundabout to which it'll then stop the engine, you have a good few seconds of being stranded before you can pull away which seems really dangerous. 

I wondered if anyone knew what this could be? It's the 2.0tsi 280ps engine. I previously had a Superb with the 2.0tdi and prior to that an Audi A4 3.0tdi. Both of them had the same charatistic of cutting out just before stopping however both of them fired back to life near instantly.

I've attached a video for reference, the main dealer I'm using doesn't seem interested in trying to get to the bottom of the issue.

Many thanks

Luke

Unfortunately the cutting out before u've come to a stop is "normal" behavior 😕

It's dangerous and mostly frustrating at roundabout scenarios.

Urs is worse considering it's struggling to restart.

U have 3 options:-

1. Turn off start-stop each time u start the car, by pressing the button on the centre console.

2. Permanently disable the start-stop function by changing the voltage settings using VCDS/OBDEleven.

3. Fit a start-stop memory module, as indicated by @MartiniB above.  This will remember the last state u leave ur start-stop in, so u don't have to press the button each time u start the car.

It all means u have the option to activate start-stop when ur in heavy traffic, or stopped for a few minutes at traffic lights.

I've done this myself - highly recommended.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply, I was wondering what you think could be causing the issue with restarting. Both my previous cars cut out before stopping but neither had such a struggle to restart, I'm wondering if it's something to do with the spark plugs? The strange thing is in every other scenario it starts beautifully with no issues.

I drove mine the other day (first time in a while) and that doesn't seen normal.  I wonder if it's battery related, has yours been replaced with a non stop/start battery, or if it's original is it now approaching end of life?  Sorry, not really that helpful, just thoughts.

Mine does the annoying stopping when still rolling thing - but only sometimes. Seems like it has a mind of its own! The engine doesn’t like starting again before it’s properly stopped, but it’s not as bad as your video. I’d recommend “managing” the start stop function by turning off start stop as a matter of routine, and only turning it on again when it looks like the car will be stationary for a while (red traffic light etc). It certainly can be bad news to have the engine conk out at a roundabout as you’re rolling over the line.

Edited by nicknorman