Facelifted Karoq - Prices and specs revealed

CJJE

46 minutes ago, MikeTV said:

Signs that Skoda is following the traits of its elder brother VW, Audi?  Increased prices and option packs?  Still think they are the best value available but will profits move the brand away from loyal customer base?  Hopefully it won’t.

Skoda are still value-orientated (as opposed to price-orientated) but they are slowly shifting their offer away from where it was 10-15 years ago. The number of £30k+ cars in the range is testament to that. No doubt each unit is more profitable (especially when customers tick all the options) but you still have to sell the cars.

I guess the thing Skoda have to keep an eye on is how crowded their target market is becoming and how electrification is going to shake things up. If you want to start selling cars in the £30-£40k range, consumer expectations are going to be very different.

Skoda have traditionally done well in the customer satisfaction surveys, but that could change if some of the customers who are just pleased to have a practical, functional car and don't care much for age move to Dacia, MG etc., While customers who would previously have had a BMW or Mercedes decide to give the brand a try.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

OMG those wheels on the sportline are terrible. No options to up grade either. What a let down 

This is the new normal. Inherited from EV's, aerodynamic wheel design to squeeze another 0.1% off the emission figures. I bet they're a nightmare to clean in addition to looking naff.

• Love it! 1

9 minutes ago, xman said:

This is the new normal. Inherited from EV's, aerodynamic wheel design to squeeze another 0.1% off the emission figures. I bet they're a nightmare to clean in addition to looking naff.

No you can remove the plastic from them. I'll attach soke pictures. Press release was the 19s (With and without the covers in the pictures on the Red car)

However loom at the standard 18s now they look horrendous 

2022-Skoda-Karoq-Sportline-25.jpg

2022-Skoda-Karoq-Sportline-24.jpg

20220221_223117.jpg

20220221_223101.jpg

To be honest the wheels on the Red car look ok.....

Edited by Tim1631

On 20/02/2022 at 17:57, RapidPaul said:

Skoda are still value-orientated (as opposed to price-orientated) but they are slowly shifting their offer away from where it was 10-15 years ago. The number of £30k+ cars in the range is testament to that. No doubt each unit is more profitable (especially when customers tick all the options) but you still have to sell the cars.

I guess the thing Skoda have to keep an eye on is how crowded their target market is becoming and how electrification is going to shake things up. If you want to start selling cars in the £30-£40k range, consumer expectations are going to be very different.

Skoda have traditionally done well in the customer satisfaction surveys, but that could change if some of the customers who are just pleased to have a practical, functional car and don't care much for age move to Dacia, MG etc., While customers who would previously have had a BMW or Mercedes decide to give the brand a try.

Bring back the Yeti the little G Wagen. 

tom

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

No, I haven't found one yet. However the configurator is up and running 

Yes, I found the configurator.  Have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow with a view to ordering.

• Like 1

How do we know what the colours actually look like if ordering early? My Karoq was to be Candy White but when I saw a Business Grey Karoq after a month or two I was able to change colour. I had dismissed the Business Grey but thought differently when I saw it in the flesh.

I do like the look of the Orange Karoq but I haven't seen any of that colour in a Fabia locally. I live quite a way from a Dealership.

4 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

How do we know what the colours actually look like if ordering early? My Karoq was to be Candy White but when I saw a Business Grey Karoq after a month or two I was able to change colour. I had dismissed the Business Grey but thought differently when I saw it in the flesh.

I do like the look of the Orange Karoq but I haven't seen any of that colour in a Fabia locally. I live quite a way from a Dealership.

To be honest, choosing a colour from a brochure, tablet or computer screen is always going to be a bit of a gamble. Even the samples in a dealers are rather small to gauge how the colour will look covering the entire car 😞

Chris

11 minutes ago, CJJE said:

To be honest, choosing a colour from a brochure, tablet or computer screen is always going to be a bit of a gamble. Even the samples in a dealers are rather small to gauge how the colour will look covering the entire car 😞

Chris

I agree Chris. Hence my mistake with the Business Grey - which I really like but want a change from black/grey/white. I will have to make sure they have a Phoenix Orange Fabia  and then make the trip!

Barry 

• Like 1