Yeti rear hub removal.

DensYeti

While researching renewal of rear ABS sensor and ABS reluctor (on the hub/bearing unit) I came across a discussion that named the required tool for removing the hub bolt as being a "four square" socket.

Apparently so named because they are formed by having four squares on top of each other to give the number/size of splines......bit worried local garage who are going to do the job never heard of such a socket type.  Now I can't find the reference.  I am sure I easily did a search previously and easily found details of a four square.......now I can't find anything when doing a search.  I seem to remember they were also referred to by three letters as a type.

Anyone know...can point me in right direction

Dennis

I suspect the reason your searches are now not returning the results is that you have recalled "Four Square" instead of "Tri-Square"

On the larger sizes I find that a 12 point socket works well if it is a good fit.