2nd Hand Superb 206TSI Auto 4x4 MY18.5 Mileage 85,000

Hello all,

I am in the process of purchasing my first superb. I am looking at buying secondhand, and would appreciate your thoughts on any issues people have noticed in regards to milage. I’m currently looking at two in particular, both of them are the same year model and variant as each other however one of them has 85,000 km (52,800 ml) and the other only 42,000 km (26,100 ml). Both have full Skoda service history and have been kept in pretty good condition. From what I gather, down here in Australia we refer to the variants differently, but from my understanding, the particular model I am looking at would be essentially similar to the European L&K version  - with both Tech + Comfort Packs + Pano Sunroof (top spec model). Could anyone shed any light, or from experience, any issues they may have or experienced with a superb with 80,000+ kilometres on the clock?  Or any issues one could expect/foresee in the future to be aware of? Thank you in advance for any advice. 

Dom

3 hours ago, DomVH said:

Hello all,

I am in the process of purchasing my first superb. I am looking at buying secondhand, and would appreciate your thoughts on any issues people have noticed in regards to milage. I’m currently looking at two in particular, both of them are the same year model and variant as each other however one of them has 85,000 km (52,800 ml) and the other only 42,000 km (26,100 ml). Both have full Skoda service history and have been kept in pretty good condition. From what I gather, down here in Australia we refer to the variants differently, but from my understanding, the particular model I am looking at would be essentially similar to the European L&K version  - with both Tech + Comfort Packs + Pano Sunroof (top spec model). Could anyone shed any light, or from experience, any issues they may have or experienced with a superb with 80,000+ kilometres on the clock?  Or any issues one could expect/foresee in the future to be aware of? Thank you in advance for any advice. 

Dom

Gday down there. Where are you in aus. I used to live in Nowra NSW. Uk now. ;-( lol. 
I’ve just traded a 190diesel 4x4 sportline with 115k miles on for a 272tsi sportline 4x4 . Equivalent of your 206kw sportline.. 

the new one has 40k miles on and absolutely no worries.. dsg oil should be changed at 40k, haldex pump removed, cleaned and fresh oil in, then just the usual service items. 

@DomVHWelcome.

Just check that the Service History for the car with the 52,000 miles covered has had the DSG Serviced and the Haldex,

& the lower mile one had had the Haldex Serviced.

With a Full Skoda Service History it should show what has been done and not just that they were in for Services.

1 hour ago, Esseesse200 said:

Gday down there. Where are you in aus. I used to live in Nowra NSW. Uk now. ;-( lol. 
I’ve just traded a 190diesel 4x4 sportline with 115k miles on for a 272tsi sportline 4x4 . Equivalent of your 206kw sportline.. 

the new one has 40k miles on and absolutely no worries.. dsg oil should be changed at 40k, haldex pump removed, cleaned and fresh oil in, then just the usual service items. 

Hey Ess,

Im in Sydney mate - Nowra is a great town! Thanks for the advice - as you per your suggestion you mentioned this what I have neglected to look for and something I thought after reading a few posts on here - definitely something I will now be looking for and making sure it has been done. Other than these things to look for - have you experienced any other issues with the tech/system etc? I’m pretty confident they are both solid cars just wanted a bit of reassurance. Thanks again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

@DomVHWelcome.

Just check that the Service History for the car with the 52,000 miles covered has had the DSG Serviced and the Haldex,

& the lower mile one had had the Haldex Serviced.

With a Full Skoda Service History it should show what has been done and not just that they were in for Services.

Thanks rootoot - looks like the haldex/DSG service is the thing to be looking for on these cars. I’ll definitely be enquiring as to where this is at. 

This is a great forum/site - can’t seem to find a local (Aus) one - probably a good thing considering the amount of Skoda owners in EU compared to AUS!! Cheers 

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Only on the diesel versions I think?

Unfortunately not! I've got a 280 and had mines replaced about 5 months ago at c 70k.  It's has started leaking again and getting it replaced again under the parts warranty. 

• Crying 1

On 05/02/2022 at 09:15, DomVH said:

Hey Ess,

Im in Sydney mate - Nowra is a great town! Thanks for the advice - as you per your suggestion you mentioned this what I have neglected to look for and something I thought after reading a few posts on here - definitely something I will now be looking for and making sure it has been done. Other than these things to look for - have you experienced any other issues with the tech/system etc? I’m pretty confident they are both solid cars just wanted a bit of reassurance. Thanks again 

Nice mate. Yea born in Hornsby. 
the only probs I had with my previous diesel 4x4 soo  ee twine was the body control module failed at 110k miles. Heated seats and interior lighting just stopped working.. apart from that mate I love the things 

4 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Nice mate. Yea born in Hornsby. 
the only probs I had with my previous diesel 4x4 soo  ee twine was the body control module failed at 110k miles. Heated seats and interior lighting just stopped working.. apart from that mate I love the things 

Hey Ess,

Small world, I live in Lindfield born and bread and ended up moving back here years later - where in the UK are you located? I’ve pulled the trigger on the Superb 208 (the one with 40,000km/25,000mi) from a really decent guy just in Castle Hill. It’s having a full service tomorrow at the Pennant Hills dealership and still has 2 left with the service plan and factory warranty until mid 2023 - feel it’s the much better choice of the two although the other does have the sunroof which I kinda like but not for the extra 45,000kms! Picking her up on Thursday so pretty pumped just quietly. Will update once I’ve had a solid fang and really got a better feel for the machine. 

Thanks for the advice, hopefully don’t have any serious issues over the next 5-10yrs and happy motoring all round. Cheers again 

On 07/02/2022 at 11:23, DomVH said:

Hey Ess,

Small world, I live in Lindfield born and bread and ended up moving back here years later - where in the UK are you located? I’ve pulled the trigger on the Superb 208 (the one with 40,000km/25,000mi) from a really decent guy just in Castle Hill. It’s having a full service tomorrow at the Pennant Hills dealership and still has 2 left with the service plan and factory warranty until mid 2023 - feel it’s the much better choice of the two although the other does have the sunroof which I kinda like but not for the extra 45,000kms! Picking her up on Thursday so pretty pumped just quietly. Will update once I’ve had a solid fang and really got a better feel for the machine. 

Thanks for the advice, hopefully don’t have any serious issues over the next 5-10yrs and happy motoring all round. Cheers again 

Nice mate you’ll enjoy a lot.. yea I looked for a sunroof too but reports of them leaking and cracking put me off. Especially when I rob a roof box fully loaded when we head off to the snow. 
how is it ? 

On 11/02/2022 at 08:14, Esseesse200 said:

Nice mate you’ll enjoy a lot.. yea I looked for a sunroof too but reports of them leaking and cracking put me off. Especially when I rob a roof box fully loaded when we head off to the snow. 
how is it ? 

Really great! Just gotta fit some new tyres so doing a bit of research and see what would be best - thinking maybe either replace with current Pirelli as the fronts are basically bald (either 2 fresh fronts or 4 new all round) unless you could suggest any others. 

9 hours ago, DomVH said:

Really great! Just gotta fit some new tyres so doing a bit of research and see what would be best - thinking maybe either replace with current Pirelli as the fronts are basically bald (either 2 fresh fronts or 4 new all round) unless you could suggest any others. 

Cool. I run Michelin pilot sport 4’s mega grip and really good in wet and good life span.. not sure what you guys have over there. Presume the same.