Servicing and Service Records in Australia

Hi,

I have my car. It was apparently "serviced" prior to being sold however I was not given any paperwork. My folder contains the service sheets for the first few services. There is no servicing information in the Owners Manual. MySkoda doesn't appear to be very interesting.

- Does Australia use service books or electronic record keeping?

- How do you access the electronic records?

- Is there a document which lists the required servicing schedule?

Thanks

Andrew

I've logged on to Erwin and can find my vehicle through a VIN. It has build and delivery information but nothing else.

How do you find Australian DISS records?

Good luck. They use electronic service records in Australia. With the old MySkoda app, my service records were there, Since they "upgraded" it has gone backwards from my experience - no service records show now. Add to that and the Skoda dealer in TAS advised me 3 weeks ago that the earliest they could service my vehicle was March 25!

I have contacted Skoda Australia and get no response. 

The QI codes are used to determine service intervals. Each numeral represents a different schedule for that car. I.e. if yours is a QI4, then the service interval is every 15000kms or yearly, whatever comes first. Check it out here

I hope you have better luck than myself.

as @GWCTas indicated - once a upon a time, we used to be able to view the digital service records on the MySkoda app.

the "upgrade" made it an utterly useless app now.

i just get my service records printed & handed to me, the all fashioned way, after each service.

peace of mind.

• Like 1

I’m tied to Skoda servicing as I took out the $1600 service plan. 
I have a great mechanic who services my other car, so I’ll check out the options before going back to Skoda at the end of the plan. 

On 08/02/2022 at 14:00, Legion said:

I've logged on to Erwin and can find my vehicle through a VIN. It has build and delivery information but nothing else.

How do you find Australian DISS records?

You need to be set up as a dealer account.

If you send me a PHOTO of your VIN number I can pull your service record.

On 09/02/2022 at 22:23, GWCTas said:

I’m tied to Skoda servicing as I took out the $1600 service plan. 
I have a great mechanic who services my other car, so I’ll check out the options before going back to Skoda at the end of the plan. 

Do you know about the 7 year service plan and warranty upgrade?

Skoda Australia are currently offering a $900 (For Superb) upgrade for people with 5 year service packs to upgrade to 7 years service and 7 years warranty (ie 2 extra years service and warranty).

https://www.skoda.com.au/own/service-packs#anchor-M44-c4695dd7

@Haystack1 I wasn't aware, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I bought my car used as it was driven by the manager of the Skoda dealership. It had 7000kms on it so still was new to me. I'm not sure how that affects the options for top-up?

10 minutes ago, GWCTas said:

@Haystack1 I wasn't aware, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I bought my car used as it was driven by the manager of the Skoda dealership. It had 7000kms on it so still was new to me. I'm not sure how that affects the options for top-up?

This is from the T's & C's

3. When can a ŠKODA 2 Year Top-up Service Pack be purchased?

The applicable ŠKODA 2 Year Top-up Service Packs can be purchased for Eligible Vehicles with below criteria :

• Vehicle age on the date of request to be under 58 months from RDA

• Mileage (odometer reading no more than 90,000kms

• Should not have carried out 72months/90,000kms Scheduled Service

• Vehicle has a ŠKODA 5 Year Scheduled Service Pack

This takes me back to 1987 organisational theory at university. Do you believe in McGregor theory X or Y? One is based on the idea that people are intrinsically lazy, lie and do the bare minimum. The other is people are honest, hardworking and will try to do the right thing. How you act is based on your perception.

Do you believe that all dealers and their employees are dishonest? Then it doesn't matter what they tell you. Do you know which dealers are the honest ones and which ones lie? if not, you have a problem.

If it were me I wouldn't ask about the DSG. Based on the above they should be able to give you a printout of its service history. If the history is just date and service you've got a problem. If they can actually print out the individual work orders for each service then get a printout and check.  And keep it for your records.

Personally I don't think they will directly lie to you if you ask a direct question. So if you ask them I think they would tell you.

Edited by Legion