Autowipers again

Depends what the failure is...😉

At a guess, the auto position would be either very quick or very slow or not work at all.

Assuming it's just the rain light sensor at fault, the other positions would probably work as normal.

Thanks. I don't yet know what is causing the problem but my wipers just seem to work like standard intermittent ones, ie you put them on and they merrily sweep away at a constant speed and moving the sensitivity adjuster just increases the frequency of the sweep regardless of the amount of rain. They also seem to work as soon as you turn on the ignition and not when you move off. 

Gave the screen a good clean and tried them again this morning. They did work but not perfectly. On a couple of occasions they kept on wiping for quite a while after the rain had stopped and the screen was dry. Guess its just the way they are. 

17 hours ago, summerof44 said:

Thanks. I don't yet know what is causing the problem but my wipers just seem to work like standard intermittent ones, ie you put them on and they merrily sweep away at a constant speed and moving the sensitivity adjuster just increases the frequency of the sweep regardless of the amount of rain. They also seem to work as soon as you turn on the ignition and not when you move off. 

In the past mine have started to behave as you describe when the battery was starting to fail, in the quite early stages well before I saw any starting issues or info system warnings. New battery was eventually required and the auto wipers started to work correctly straight away.

Edited by Pilotguy
  • Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 22:39, Pilotguy said:

In the past mine have started to behave as you describe when the battery was starting to fail, in the quite early stages well before I saw any starting issues or info system warnings. New battery was eventually required and the auto wipers started to work correctly straight away.

It's not long had a new battery, does seem to be working better now, just not 100%