Kamiq delivery dates

Scooby26

So the newest update about delivery…it’s on its way 🤍 sometimes next week it should arrive approximately 4 days they need to prepare it and I’m expecting to drive it somewhere between 16th and 20th may. After 10 months of waiting and all extras included. 

• Like 1

Car is getting delivered on 20th May. Given it was estimated to be April not bad at all. That being said we ordered bog standard spec so expect it wasn't built for our order. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered my 1.5 DSG SEL Executive 23 March, dealer informed me yesterday that the car is in Emden waiting for a ship. Should be ready for me to collect in 3 to 4 weeks. The order document appears to show that all the extras I ordered (space saver spare, adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel) have been fitted. Hopefully there’s been no covert ‘semiconductor optimisation’. 

• 3 weeks later...

Contact again from the dealers, build date put back another month to end of August.  I recon it’s not going to be until December 22 a year after ordering.  My wife has ordered this and she doesn’t stand for any messing around.  

The outgoing Octavia has a service plan.  The woman who booked it in for a service said the MOT was not included, so ok thought my wife we will pay.  So when the salesman rang she mentioned it saying IF they had delivered the car we wouldn’t have to pay for the MOT as we wouldn’t have it.  He said he would see about that.  Rang back and now the MOT IS included.  He even offered to drive her to work and pick her up to collect it after.  Must say the salesman is a nice bloke I’ve dealt with him too, but 8 months and no real build date and just an estimate of another month !!!!  Not great for fourth Skoda.

• 3 weeks later...

We've just (last week) ordered a 1.5l Kamiq SEL through a main dealer, for their lease program.  The sales guy is telling us November.  I waited 9 months for my Superb L&K; I'd be impressed if the wife got her Kamiq in 4 months.

I wouldn’t be that pessimistic re delivery dates. I picked mine up (same trim as yours Mikeworcs) on 28 June, 13 weeks after ordering. The dealer quoted me 14 weeks which I confess I didn’t believe. I’m guessing that the more popular trims, in particular the 1.0 litre, are taking longer. 

20 minutes ago, marineboy said:

I wouldn’t be that pessimistic re delivery dates. I picked mine up (same trim as yours Mikeworcs) on 28 June, 13 weeks after ordering. The dealer quoted me 14 weeks which I confess I didn’t believe. I’m guessing that the more popular trims, in particular the 1.0 litre, are taking longer. 

I hope you're right :)

The sales guy did say that Skoda were pushing dealerships quite hard to sell the Kamiq, so perhaps they're not as badly affected with component shortages as other models.

My Monte Carlo was an actual in stock when I ordered it last January and was delivered in February.  My wife ordered hers last Dec and still no confirmed build date just an DSG SE with no extras.  Last we heard was a purposed end of August.  Salesman is pretty good on updates and gives the odd courtesy call, not his fault but considering cancelling.