Door locking mechanism

Shuttlebasher

I have had a recent service  a few weeks back and for some reason when you close your door and start driving the auto lock button has not come on and it just trying to lock making a click click noise and will not lock manually, this does not happen all the time and I was wondering if it could be grease on some part of the system but I don't really know what I am looking for

Mine has got exactly the same problem. Dealer pointed the faulty passenger door lock, but the problem is intermittent. Therefore I hesitate to change it, btw the car is out of warranty 😅

When the problem arise I disable the auto-lock option from infotainment screen for a while

Edited by irfant

Thanks for the info Irfant mine also out of warranty I have also got to change the stop start button but looking at doing that myself as Skoda wanted over £200  to change  it and the parts under £ 50 bit expensive doesn’t look like a massive job 

Fortunately the S/S button failed during the warranty period. 

On the other hand, another tech guy at the dealer told me that the door lock problem is primarily a convenience (BCM) modul problem. That is much worse ☹️

Edited by irfant
  • Crying 1

I have had the same problem and the fault is well known of, my lock was changed under the Skoda All in One service warranty package.

It may be worth your while talking to your dealer seeing as the problem is a known fault.

Shuttlebasher, the dealer should have sorted this during the service really !!

Edited by Gomezz
  • Like 1

It only started after the service so they didn’t know about it, and if they did find it surly they would have mentioned it, as all they want is your money, well that’s the impression I get.

thanks for the info looks like I need to take it in to them thanks again