Android Auto on 2017 MK3

Hey guys,

I got a Skoda Fabia MK3 around 2 weeks ago and I am quite satisfied with my purchase. I noticed however that I do not have android auto or carplay on my radio system :/. Below is a picture I took of it... I wanted to ask for your advice on how to best proceed to get android auto.

I read around that a software update is possible to enable it but read almost everywhere that I need new hardware. Do you know which it is ? Can you provide me with references in case you have them (maybe linkd as well ?). Also, what do you think of these aftermarket chinese car radio with android, anyone you recommend ?

Finally, I am an electronics engineer but this is the first car I own. I feel fairly confident in dealing with electronics, wiring and repair but I wanted to ask for your opinion on whether this will be a hard task for me to do or not ...

Thanks a lot guys

IMG20220411180438.jpg

Not possible with this unit, it must be replaced either with Bolero 5Q0035842x or Amundsen 5Q0035874x / 565035874 (x is a letter A, B or C). New unit must be hacked. If you are interested pls contact me on PM.

Edited by pab567
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Strange because on mine I have android auto [and apple carplay; although I can't get my ipad pro to work with this unit via carplay] and android auto works perfectly every time it is called upon. And as far as I am aware the stereo is original from factory that came with the/this spec model of car.

• 4 weeks later...