Skoda 110L saloon or 110R coupe

bryan

Hi all, been thinking alot lately about a 110L that my brother drove way back when:rolleyes: . Would like to maybe buy myself either a 110L or even a 110R coupe for some relaxed Sunday / summer evening cruising around:) . Have searched web for possible buys, but have found nothing at all for sale:thumbdwn: , wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Not looking for a project car, if it needs "slight" body work or a respray would be fine, but needs to be basically sound and mechanically "A1" condition:thumbup: . I really have no idea what sort of money a car like this ( if they still exist:eek: ) would cost, but willing to pay that little bit extra for a nice1;) .

If anyone knows of where there is such a car for sale, or can give me pointers on where to start looking, would be a great help.

Cheers

Bryan

Wow - that S100L is my old car (almost). Mine was an S110L but it was that same orange colour.

PYA 617P - gone but not forgotten. ;)

wonder if there are any still running out there :confused: :confused: , anyone have any idea where l might start my search to find 1 for sale:confused: :confused:

Bryan

• 5 weeks later...

The old Skoda S types are still out there, but not many about. There was 1 on Ebay a few days ago, its an S100 saloon and i think its John MullHolland Motors in Ireland who was selling it. I think the start bid was around £2000 which is about right for one of these now.

I have a friend in Scotland who has just recently bought an S110R Coupe in totally original condition, with low mileage of around 15000. He paid around £4000.

I currently own an S100L which is an on going restoration project, and i paid £450.

I also have an S110R coupe which will hopefully be a rolling restoration project, and this i paid the bargain price of £800.

One thing to consider is that parts are getting very hard to find, especially panels and trim. A pair of rear wings in CZ are around £200-£300 now, if you can find them.

Lovely car, Bryan, and looks like a good buy given what has been spent on it. Trust that you'll enjoy it! :)

The S110L I had was a rusty old beast and that was years ago, so I'm not surprised that there are hardly any left in the UK now. The Beetle is probably a lot more substantial TBH.

Lovely car' date=' Bryan, and looks like a good buy given what has been spent on it. Trust that you'll enjoy it! :)

The S110L I had was a rusty old beast and that was years ago, so I'm not surprised that there are hardly any left in the UK now. The Beetle is probably a lot more substantial TBH.[/quote']

Thanks for that Mark, really looking forward to getting it now, flying over to collect it next wed:thumbup: , never driver a Beetle before:eek:

It has some rust but they say it is not structural :rolleyes: , l hope this is right:confused: , again wish l had an expert with me when collecting it, but fingers crossed that all will be ok:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bryan congrats on the car...it looks the business. Bryan dropped into me today in his new S100 Skud and let me take the beast for a spin, its legend. I was delighted to hear you got it after the disappointment with the VW, but it was a blessing in disguise. Many happy miles of motoring with it :thumbup: .

Pics will follow ;)

I really want to get a Rapid Coupe, I have been thinking about going Mlada Boleslav and buying one from the used car place just around the corner from the factory they have mostly Favorits, but hopefully some Rapid Coupes!

Check out www.johnmulhollandmotors.com . he has a 1993 Rapid drop top, only 150 mls on it:eek: Looking for