Urgent help needed please

Hi everyone, feel abit bad coming back after years just to ask for help but it's because in recovering from Cancer, so not currently working so can't be throwing away cash at the car if it can be helped.

so I'm hoping someone with the kit could  take a reading of the engine light fault I've got on my car which I personally think as been caused by the garage ideally in the rotherham/sheffield/barnsley/doncaster area.

It's been a nightmare with this new garage I've tried, had my cambelt changed by them and in the process they bent the front wing outwards by leaving the wheel arch bent back on itself instead of just removing it. 

So they rectified that, so to give them benefit of the doubt went back for the service, and the morning before taking the car I thought I would check the levels on everything and noticed they had broken the cam belt cover, so was not very happy but they owned up to it and ordered a replacement... now they did the service yesterday and today I've gone to drive my car and the engine management light as turned on... I've had the car since new and never had a single issue so I'm inclined to think its something they have done because of their poor history but there is a chance it is just coincidence too but I doubt it.

4 hours ago, Gallo said:

Hi everyone, feel abit bad coming back after years just to ask for help but it's because in recovering from Cancer, so not currently working so can't be throwing away cash at the car if it can be helped.

so I'm hoping someone with the kit could  take a reading of the engine light fault I've got on my car which I personally think as been caused by the garage ideally in the rotherham/sheffield/barnsley/doncaster area.

It's been a nightmare with this new garage I've tried, had my cambelt changed by them and in the process they bent the front wing outwards by leaving the wheel arch bent back on itself instead of just removing it. 

So they rectified that, so to give them benefit of the doubt went back for the service, and the morning before taking the car I thought I would check the levels on everything and noticed they had broken the cam belt cover, so was not very happy but they owned up to it and ordered a replacement... now they did the service yesterday and today I've gone to drive my car and the engine management light as turned on... I've had the car since new and never had a single issue so I'm inclined to think its something they have done because of their poor history but there is a chance it is just coincidence too but I doubt it.

Doesn't sound very good!!!  But who knows what the current fault code is, it maybe a co-incidence with their service work, maybe something minor, possibly something they've done but can not come to an educated view without the code read. .... I hope it is minor.  You are Miles and Miles away from me but I am hopeful if you click on the link @nige8021 sent and send someone close to you a PM, you can see what is reported.