Karoq or Superb

Hey everyone, having doubts about which car to buy: either a 2017 Superb 1.4L petrol or 2018 1.0Tsi Karoq.

I love the higher seating position of the Karoq, however it’s much more expensive to purchase compared to the Superb where I am from. The fuel economy isn’t the best, but seating is just top notch (I am 190cm tall and weight a nice 140kg…). In most cars (havent tried the Superb yet) my shoulder is stuck to the pillar where the seatbelt is, in an SUV you are in a more upright position meaning I sit in front of that pillar.

Any thoughts on both cars? 

Just now, roottoot said:

Welcome.

Would a 1.4 TSI Kodiaq not be worth considering if available where you are?

?

Where is that, is it in the UK.

Netherlands that is, Superbs with decent mileage go for around 23k. Karoq would be 28k with ton full of options and Kodiaq starts at 32k for the base model with more mileage.

I'm 197cm and my mk1 Superb was, well, superb.

Why not see, and try them both, then make a decision from there.  I've beed pleasantly surprised by the 1.0 engines, but that's only been short tests, don't know how they'd feel loaded up, or living with, long term.

Gaz

On 08/05/2022 at 00:00, Rickyboy30 said:

Ultimately, only you can decide. You're the person who will be driving it.

I recently went from a nicely-specced Audi saloon to a Karoq and don't regret it one bit. I love the higher-up driving position and find it much easier to get in and out of.

• 1 month later...

I’ve recently rented a Skoda Superb for a short jolly to the land of sheep. It was fantastic, didn’t need to stay in lane, was able to keep within view of the better cars. Even though I’m YOUNG I managed to just about get to grips with the automatic. The best thing I found was you could fit TWO men into the boot AT ONCE. What a result. Saved me an extra trip to the dump. What’s more it’s also a very stable platform to launch food based attacks on other vehicles when doing 71mph! Would recommend!

48 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

A drive to Australia is a "short jolly"?

Bet the two bodies in the boot were a bit ripe too. Although I suppose good aircon might slow the ripening process.

G

Good point as ever George.

When I was a lot younger, and stronger, I had to lift the dead weight of a 14st male, and I can tell you it's no mean feat.  Lifting two at once and chucking them in the boot of a Superb is impressive.  TBF though, TYO's didn't say how heavy they were, so they could be an archaeologist, putting a couple of suitcase sized mummified corpses in, although I'd think the dump was a bit of a poor choice for a final resting place if that were the case.

On 08/05/2022 at 01:00, Rickyboy30 said:

Hey everyone, having doubts about which car to buy: either a 2017 Superb 1.4L petrol or 2018 1.0Tsi Karoq.

I love the higher seating position of the Karoq, however it’s much more expensive to purchase compared to the Superb where I am from. The fuel economy isn’t the best, but seating is just top notch (I am 190cm tall and weight a nice 140kg…). In most cars (havent tried the Superb yet) my shoulder is stuck to the pillar where the seatbelt is, in an SUV you are in a more upright position meaning I sit in front of that pillar.

This is exactly my dilemma in march this year, but for diesel engines :)

For ~25k EUR I chose 2019 Superb 2.0 AUT (85k km) Business over 2019 Karoq 1.6TDI Style (60k km)

Deal breaker was fuel consumption which is lower for 2.0 Superb than for 1.6 Karoq.

Although Karoq had larger accessories package.

Since I mostly drive interstate local roads on daily basis, average Superb consumption is 5,2 l/km, same as Octavia 1.TDI I had before.

So, it really depends on what kind of drivers you are (sport or normal type) and what mileage you plan to do. Hope you made the right decision!! 👍