Columbus Map Update 2022-2023 (MIB1/2 HIGH)

6 minutes ago, BooBoo124 said:

Have your patched your firmware with 23000ee fec code?  If you don't have a valid fec code it won't allow you to update 

i think i have seen this code in my update efforts.  i get this from the car directly. 

0-02-05-709b284b6768848846971f7088c864453fc82bc634066b747926e9dce25b2d29_bb514df819f7c56a.jpg

19 minutes ago, BooBoo124 said:

Have your patched your firmware with 23000ee fec code?  If you don't have a valid fec code it won't allow you to update 

please let me know how to patch my firmware. I thought i only needed to download the files, extract to SD with the 7z program and update the car from slot 1

2 hours ago, georgi0 said:

anyone succeeded with MHI2Q_ER_xxx versions for a Q5 / 2018?

i am trying a few days now without luck. The car does not see the update. all files are there from the 7z archive file. 

thanks

G

I think you might be struck down by Mapcare like Seat. If that is the case the way around it is the AIO version of the firmware which gives you the long life navigation FeCs or Mib Tools. There are Audi people that appear on the Briskoda board and they are arriving with the AIO software in some cases. Both tools are available in the mibsolutions website, guest, guest but you won't find much documentation there. I am not familiar with specific releases of Audi firmware. But that's what people are doing then just have the normal issues. If you are outside Europe then the AIO software gives you the European FeC. We've had that. 

The link to the website

https://mibsolution.one/#/1

guest   guest

Represents a lucky dip. I'd Google your firmware against aio (means all in one) and read up on mib tools for the high version. Plus if you look back thru the last Columbus releases here there was one person who I sent off too look at Mib Tools they did get it working first timr. Mib Wiki who is their chief librarian for that site gave me a web page to pass to the guy. It got sorted. They hadn't pressed the add FeCs button that's using mib tool. Mib tool sits in the green menu and gives you retrofitter tools in the car without having to take the unit to a retrofitter. It bypasses having to put the unit on a workbench, using a usb - wifi dongle, whatthefec software etc. Menu driven tool. I've used it on my Seat to add a Skoda life long FeC when Vag didnt manufacture the release to work with the Seat FeC. These units will work with the other brands navigation FeCs if needed. 

AIO release of the firmware comes pre prepared with the Audi life long FeC for Europe. You have to let it run thru and you answer yes to the FeC update. On the Seat side someone said no, so they got no further forward. Have to fiddle then. AIO versions of the software are constructed by Mib hobbyists which use a backdoor to write the FeCs. Ditto mib tool.

Failing all of this then you have to use a retrofitter to do the work for you.

Edited by Tell
expand

I've done some of the work for you I sent you off on:

it was Trevw

The assistance on Mib Tool was here:

https://github.com/Mr-MIBonk/M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash/discussions/49

You need the European FeC but that's included by default if all works well but you need to hit Add Fec thou but don't need to edit the TXT file in Notepad.  That's the assistance site I got from Mib Wiki who I passed on and Trevw appearing there.

Edited by Tell

3 hours ago, BooBoo124 said:

ok so I managed I believe to install the patcher using  the MIB 1.2 tool  (although I am stuck after 3 reboots of system) saying restore where the system report to connect a diagnostic tester. ) can you tell me if I succeeded or not this way? it took about 10 minutes.

Spoiler
Spoiler

the SD card has also the patch file for my car. xxxP5092 with MU 1329 in the appropriate folder.

how to invoke the Green menu to begin the procedure ? with the same keys NAV up and RADIO down, together ?

thanks

G

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.52.04 PM.jpg

41 minutes ago, georgi0 said:

ok so I managed I believe to install the patcher using  the MIB 1.2 tool  (although I am stuck after 3 reboots of system) saying restore where the system report to connect a diagnostic tester. ) can you tell me if I succeeded or not this way? it took about 10 minutes.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

the SD card has also the patch file for my car. xxxP5092 with MU 1329 in the appropriate folder.

how to invoke the Green menu to begin the procedure ? with the same keys NAV up and RADIO down, together ?

thanks

G

/cdn-cgi/mirage/521ad746da4af8d96bc1b171cd6452efbd4d46c91be35aaf707853b2356a306d/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/1998508566_Screenshot2023-01-17at5_52_04PM.thumb.jpg.24bee7383f66f5e29ec9559a5f9b01df.jpg

Those are Audi key combinations that I pass on to get the green menu. After installation of mib tool the unit should just boot up as normal but then you have the SD card in it when you want to use it via the green menu. I'd post your question on that Github site for it.

Normally it installs. Checks whether it can be used with your firmware at the time of running it in the green menu. You then do a backup. It saves an area of code it's going to change in that backup. Then you do the addfec command and reboot for the FeCs to take hold. If you want to restore the code changed you restore. That's how it us to work.

I'd post that screen and questions on that Github board. It's Chillout and his mates that wrote that code.

Edited by Tell

45 minutes ago, BooBoo124 said:

Just cancel the version compare. Look on the MIB software and run then to clear the error this would have created 

You will get possible SVM errors (software version management) atleast when you run it since it's picked up you have tinkered with it. SVM errors don't have to be cleared but there is an option within the software to do that. Causes a reboot or two. 

I pass on whether Audi units screen what is being loaded into them and generate that screen. If successful you do the FeC adjustment. The reboot. Do that FeC screen to see whether it has taken it. If so you can then run the built in mib tool SVM clear option. That's what I did when I used it but I did have to have one of their enthusiasts to write me the module since they hadn't seen my firmware before. Not sure whether it's clever enough to do this bit itself now.

How to get at the Audi green menu is here

If mib tool went in correctly you should find mib tool installed as a program in there, see mib tool documention. It's run from there also mib tool enables the developers menu so you get SWDL etc on a long hold on menu in Seat and Skoda there will no doubt be a different combination of keys in an Audi.

Might be helpful or not:

https://www.car-auto-repair.com/audi-mmi-user-defined-update/

That shows elements of SWDL.... has it's uses to force updates or selective processes.

I suspect you are fine since Mib Tool adds additional FeCs with addFec doesn't take them away in standard use. They will be a FeC for sure I guess. So if you had it you still got it. The infotainment uses the FeCs that work. Looks at them all and says yes I can do that. It's like a parameter file in the old days of computing where you control the program by the parameters read in. No card reader is required 😉.

I see BooBoo is on the Google on an Audi board that covers the subject:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Audi connect and traffic fec&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-m

Interesting how the application has a home across brands. Since I used it I also get the performance screen which is novel for a 4drive diesel whilst the normal 2drive get the offroad screen which I always had. It unlocks all the hidden screens which are built into the system but are reserved to show only in a model spec. I can't say I look at the performance screen or the off road screen I always had.

Let's us know what you finally get.

44 minutes ago, Tell said:

I suspect you are fine since Mib Tool adds additional FeCs with addFec doesn't take them away in standard use. They will be a FeC for sure I guess. So if you had it you still got it. The infotainment uses the FeCs that work. Looks at them all and says yes I can do that. It's like a parameter file in the old days of computing where you control the program by the parameters read in. No card reader is required 😉.

I see BooBoo is on the Google on an Audi board that covers the subject:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Audi connect and traffic fec&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-m

Interesting how the application has a home across brands. Since I used it I also get the performance screen which is novel for a 4drive diesel whilst the normal 2drive get the offroad screen which I always had. It unlocks all the hidden screens which are built into the system but are reserved to show only in a model spec. I can't say I look at the performance screen or the off road screen I always had.

Let's us know what you finally get.

Just to advice the map 2023 nav update went smoothly in my AUDI Q5/2018 version. Now i have to figure out the audi connect and traffic as they are not enabled and show as expired.  

• Love it! 1

39 minutes ago, georgi0 said:

Just to advice the map 2023 nav update went smoothly in my AUDI Q5/2018 version. Now i have to figure out the audi connect and traffic as they are not enabled and show as expired.  

Within the Mib Tool documentation you have the FeC List and the Exception List for FeCs you can eyeball them for whether it's in there. Normally you photograph the FeCs before you start and after and study what it did. Additional FeCs can be added to the prepared FeC TXT file which you find which it downloaded. Stab add FeC command in Mib Tool, reboot and it reads the file in again.

So question is, is Audi connect enabled by a FeC and did it get turned off. That Audi Sport website that Boo Boo posts on seem to know their stuff.

ExceptionList FECs.pdf

FEC List.pdf

Edited by Tell

43 minutes ago, Tell said:

Within the Mib Tool documentation you have the FeC List and the Exception List for FeCs you can eyeball them for whether it's in there. Normally you photograph the FeCs before you start and after and study what it did. Additional FeCs can be added to the prepared FeC TXT file which you find which it downloaded. Stab add FeC command in Mib Tool, reboot and it reads the file in again.

So question is, is Audi connect enabled by a FeC and did it get turned off. That Audi Sport website that Boo Boo posts on seem to know their stuff.

ExceptionList FECs.pdf 102.48 kB · 1 download

FEC List.pdf 102.48 kB · 1 download

i don't know how to do this and i am a little afraid also as i have no experience.

i got answer from another forum that this cant be done without a server to check on your licence.  https://github.com/Mr-MIBonk/M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash/discussions/94#discussioncomment-4715622

18 minutes ago, georgi0 said:

i don't know how to do this and i am a little afraid also as i have no experience.

i got answer from another forum that this cant be done without a server to check on your licence.  https://github.com/Mr-MIBonk/M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash/discussions/94#discussioncomment-4715622

The question is did you have it before ?. Those adjustments are the factory locked down ones which I wasn't aware Mib Tool unravelled. Depends whether the guy that gave you that answer is the inner core of those experts.

The factory locked stuff over and above coding is coming to the fore on the MQB Evo platform now where things that you could enable before with VCDS type of coding ie. Lane Assist you can't now.

I wouldn't have thought adjusting a FeC would alter that but changing the firmware could. There is the revert option in mib tool where the piece of code it changed can be reverted back. I've never tried that. It's the restore one. Probably loose the FeC you added but if it's in that code then you might get connected services back. Perhaps it plants a key in that code like a cookie and you have lost it. 

Perhaps that is what that screen was saying. Seats are not as advanced as Audi in this mib2 area not having the connected services in mib2. Skoda had connected services thou.

There will be others on that Github board if you haven't rattled the cage enough. You could say you had them, but they have gone and see what they say. Perhaps they will say mib tool deleted it ?.

2 minutes ago, Tell said:

The question is did you have it before ?. Those adjustments are the factory locked down ones which I wasn't aware Mib Tool unravelled. Depends whether the guy that gave you that answer is the inner core of those experts.

The factory locked stuff over and above coding is coming to the fore on the MQB Evo platform now where things that you could enable before with VCDS type of coding ie. Lane Assist you can't now.

I wouldn't have thought adjusting a FeC would alter that but changing the firmware could. There is the revert option in mib tool where the piece of code it changed can be reverted back. I've never tried that. It's the restore one. Probably loose the FeC you added but if it's in that code then you might get connected services back. Perhaps it plants a key in that code like a cookie and you have lost it. 

Perhaps that is what that screen was saying. Seats are not as advanced as Audi in this mib2 area not having the connected services in mib2. Skoda had connected services thou.

There will be others on that Github board if you haven't rattled the cage enough. You could say you had them, but they have gone and see what they say. Perhaps they will say mib tool deleted it ?.

I had the audi connect service up till summer 2021 i think, and the traffic for 3 years, then i paid for one more but i don't think it's worth the expense. it's nice to have but not at the price audi is charging.  i am not messing with the MIB if i dont have something solid from someone who has done this. i agree with you it might be something that you can fix.  i will reopen my case in the other forum and wait for more answers. i also emailed the MIB guys.  thank you.

26 minutes ago, georgi0 said:

I had the audi connect service up till summer 2021 i think, and the traffic for 3 years, then i paid for one more but i don't think it's worth the expense. it's nice to have but not at the price audi is charging.  i am not messing with the MIB if i dont have something solid from someone who has done this. i agree with you it might be something that you can fix.  i will reopen my case in the other forum and wait for more answers. i also emailed the MIB guys.  thank you.

If you had it working and it went probably is that they left the FeC out for it. Like you have a cookie but not the FeC type of thing. Thinking about it during my shower they did leave some FeCs out of the Seat one they deemed nobody used. One was the Seat app service. They might have done something similar. The documentation shows available. That addfec file txt if you locate it on the SD / USB is what is presented to it. A cross check for any you might see what's missing. You can edit with notepad and rerun it. Ideally as said a photo of the FeC screen - not sure whether the one above shows all yours before then compare with what you got now. Put in any missing etc. Suspect it's that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Seeking some help with updating the map for a Skoda Octavia 2014.  

Columbus Mib1 . 

I've tried several of the map updates 2015 - 2022 with no joy. (Thought maybe i'm skipping  too many updates) 

I'm thinking there is a mismatch of Partnumber in DBInfo.txt? (But i'm just guessing) 

Any guidance would be most excellent!

Thanks

20220206_204405.thumb.jpg.771db6856b5b6aacc6ccabff2bb9ccbc.jpg

20230204_155345.jpg

20230204_155351.jpg

20230204_155406.jpg

20230204_155332.jpg

20220206_204017.jpg

20230204_155503.jpg

20230204_155525.jpg

3 hours ago, lucid_al said:

Hi, 

Seeking some help with updating the map for a Skoda Octavia 2014.  

Columbus Mib1 . 

I've tried several of the map updates 2015 - 2022 with no joy. (Thought maybe i'm skipping  too many updates) 

I'm thinking there is a mismatch of Partnumber in DBInfo.txt? (But i'm just guessing) 

Any guidance would be most excellent!

Thanks

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20220206_204405.thumb.jpg.771db6856b5b6aacc6ccabff2bb9ccbc.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20230204_155345.thumb.jpg.33a39f78aa98cfc1c2ab015b866384b9.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20230204_155351.thumb.jpg.82ed47a72e2f43e79964e702cf39d33f.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20230204_155406.thumb.jpg.a1e51b093d83924024a863635a8a647b.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20230204_155332.thumb.jpg.c0d9b12593055209720a184007b3f773.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20220206_204017.thumb.jpg.4b6f440973e42a8b4358cdeda60025fa.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20230204_155503.thumb.jpg.30601f74fb5a56871597095c6ea99ce3.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/cd47f402e5e8badb30923f959b389cab026005afc2fe33d9386cab549d6c121b/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20230204_155525.thumb.jpg.cc04505016bc4dc195dc39768ae1a7cc.jpg

This is another mib1 high question being Australia you would need a RoW FeC in that unit if its like mib2 high. Now whether its a DIY task not sure. For mib2 high it is now although you might need some help even if you got a mib2 high.

The DIY experts hang out on this discussion thread. It's the one I was given to pass on to the Australian with the Mib2 high who had imported a Europe unit to Australia.

https://github.com/Mr-MIBonk/M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash/discussions

The "more incredible bash" people are the enthusiasts that have written the code for mib2. They were writing code before it got to mib2. So someone will be able to direct you if you speak to the right person on that software thread although that's the support thread for the mib2 high toolbox as it's called. Chillout / Jilleb who were the original authors and did most of the tinkering to package the tools up.

Retrofitters take these tools and offer paid services although the tools are not for profit developed by hobbyists for hobbyists. You might find a retrofitter who is versed in this in Australia for a paid service or speak to one of those able guys.

Traditionally the units were put on workbench, a usb-wifi dongle was plugged in then laptop tools were used, "whatthefec" being one. Mib2 high tool box of the "Mr-MIBonk" variety are loaded into the green menu and bypass putting the unit on a bench, the dongle and the program like "whatthefec". It could be that a tool box was never written for the mib1 high and it's a case of using the old retrofitter / hobbyist methods of the workbench.

As I said to the other guy if you load maps into the unit where the navigation FeC is not of the life long one e.g.. Life long ones have a sufficiently high hex code that it allows the map to be imported. Wrong navigation FeC it won't work. You can only get back the maps if you have the map file for the unit that matches the FeC or any previous maps. So best not to toy with the unit if you haven't got the original year of release or any before.

Edited by Tell

59 minutes ago, lucid_al said:

Hi Tell, 

Thanks for getting back to me.  

Does the MIB1 system have FEC codes?

Al

Pretty sure it will since the matching access FeC is contained in the downloads for the maps. I did do a quick Google. Basically the FeCs were less common knowledge in the early days of mib than they are now. The menu key fumble should allow it to show enabled and available codes if you find the key combination.

Mr Mi Bonk  people... may be its Mibwiki goes under that name is administrator of the mibsolutions database. He'd know and Chillout who has been working with mib1 high then mib2 high units. It was Mibwiki that gave me the link to pass to the Australian guy who had issues with the addfec command in the mib2 toolbox. Was Chillouts code they used for that. Embodiment of the retrofitters work bench method. The other Ozzie for mib2 had used the package but that was setup for the the EU. Just need the FeC put in the control file and addfec button pressed in the tool. I'd hit a brick wall explaining.

I suspect yours will need the work bench method. But as I said before I arrived into this with mib2. Zero mib1 hands on knowledge. Reckon the user updates came with mib2 but the mib1 ones were via the SWDL command as you are showing but need the correct FeC in the unit. Seems to be a suggestion online that these FeCs carried over from mib1 to mib2 on code as well ?.

The Mr FixIt page gives an explainer but only really for mib2.

http://wiki.mr-fix.info/index.php?title=MIB2#MIB1_High

The toolbox substitutes MIB2_FEC_Generator.sh whilst the workbench method uses WhatTheFec.exe.

You might want to chase down Chillouts web pages that covered his work on mib1. The mib enthusiasts have a Telegram group where you could try for help.

6 hours ago, lucid_al said:

Columbus Mib1

by GUI and maps numbering looks like Mib2H

# 2015            P39
# 201?             P49
# 2018             P68
# 2018-2019    P71

# 2019             P76

# 2019-2020    P79

. . .

. .

# 2022-2023   P101
# 2023            P313

• Love it! 1

The dash it's showing against navdb in the screen means nothing to update. It can't. Then the one below means it's on 30, offering 49 but can't do it since the FeC isn't allowable. You can force it but then will hang if it's like the mib2 high swdl. You play a game with the SWDL menu but then you are stuck if you haven't got the copy to put back in. Reckon it's at 30 so you need that as a fail safe.

Edited by Tell