Columbus Map Update 2022-2023 (MIB1/2 HIGH)

I see Skoda have sorted out their unzipping issue with this release on 7zip. All signatures correspond as well between the VW and Skoda release before anybody says they are different releases.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tell said:

It swaps in the Seat part number

part numbers and version info are stored in the \Mib2\NavDB\DBInfo\0\default\DBInfo.txt

PartNumber1="V03959802TP"
PartNumber2="V03959809PB"
PartNumber3="V03959818H "
PartNumber4="V03959818L "
PartNumber7="V03959804ET"
PartNumber5="V03959804QH"
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0197"
SystemName="ECE 2022/2023"

Variant="ECE"
ReleaseName="2022/2023"
DevVersion="P197_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q3.21"

just guessing:

1. - ? ? Audi ? ? VW

2. - ? ? Audi ? ? VW

3. - Škoda

4. - Seat

7. - ? ? MAN ? ? Lamborghini ? ? Porsche ? ? Bentley

5. - ? ? MAN ? ? Lamborghini ? ? Porsche ? ? Bentley

Edited by MartiniB

1 hour ago, MartiniB said:

part numbers and version info are stored in the \Mib2\NavDB\DBInfo\0\default\DBInfo.txt

just guessing:

1. - ? ? Audi ? ? VW

2. - ? ? Audi ? ? VW

3. - Škoda

4. - Seat

7. - ? ? MAN ? ? Lamborghini ? ? Porsche

5. - ? ? MAN ? ? Lamborghini ? ? Porsche

The Mib collective as I call them probably know them. I think it's been fully understood. They just got Mib3 now which VAG doesn't understand 🤣. Probably should move their money from chasing down enthusiasts into sorting out their own software.

Bentley's in that list as well. They have seven revealed under operations:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group

Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, and Škoda. Volkswagen AG.

They lost one 🙄.

VW owners don't realize it's all about branding.... recycling the same systems atleast.

Edited by Tell
  • Like 1

Hi I'm new here I've been following the map update threads for some time and I have to say @MartiniB your doing great work here.

Any my to my issue. I have an Audi A4 B9 with the tech pack & MIB2qQ high. I've patched my fec container with 23000ee for life time map updates. I've downloaded to EU 2023 maps, extracted and put on the root of 64gb usb3 stick & it's formatted to exfat. However my unit can't see the update either on it own or via software update as usb is greyed out.

Can any of you fellas put your finger on what I've done wrong?

Cheers

I always use a 32gb SD card in Fat32, £7-50, class 10. 

No Mac involved?.

Some infotainment units seem to be sensitive to slots used. I always pop the SD cards out and use slot B... Some have reported A only... but having other devices poked in may not help. That's come up in the past.

Switch on, allow it to boot up push in just the card with the rest out, or the USB I guess.

Edited by Tell

No Mac involved no. I removed all other media too. I'll have to try an SD. I used usb on my B8 A4 for my map update previously. I don't have to update any firmware do I? I'm cautious of doing due to the B&O amp.

I shouldn't have thought so due to having the hacked fec code. 

As long as its reading the FeC correctly. That's the life long navigation FeC. If that wasn't presented correctly it may not see the update. I never did see updates on my Seat before I got the FeC adjusted, so a dubious container file could give you that result I reckon. 

If it's on the FeC list you would think it was fine, but may be not... limit of my knowledge on whether what the screen shows tallies with what it does.

I went to the portal today and couldn’t see it, not sure why?

Downloaded from the link you provided and have it on an SD card waiting for tomorrow.

I used the same card as I used previously and noticed it’s in NTFS format, fat32 not on windows 11 anymore (can’t remember if it was in w10), hopefully it’ll work again

20 minutes ago, Danoid said:

I went to the portal today and couldn’t see it, not sure why?

Downloaded from the link you provided and have it on an SD card waiting for tomorrow.

I used the same card as I used previously and noticed it’s in NTFS format, fat32 not on windows 11 anymore (can’t remember if it was in w10), hopefully it’ll work again

It won't be on the portal since Skoda will make you wait for it....

Fat32 is on my Windows 11 and it's up to date. You can't format above 32gb in Fat32 hence where exFat comes in.

image.thumb.png.c876b2ed46152155da3599163216c69a.png

There are some utilities that will do the business if you really want Fat32 on a big drive.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

However since 32GB is the current recommended size and you have that card then Fat32 is fine. If you use the more fancy formats on the 32GB card the file allocation method takes up space and you won't get the image onto it. Germanic boards were rattling on about this last time round.

Anything other than Fat32 isn't suppose to be used since you are suppose to stick with a 32GB SD card. Off pista if you move away from that.

4 minutes ago, Tell said:

It won't be on the portal since Skoda will make you wait for it....

Fat32 is on my Windows 11 and it's up to date. You can't format above 32gb in Fat32 hence where exFat comes in.

image.thumb.png.c876b2ed46152155da3599163216c69a.png

There are some utilities that will do the business if you really want Fat32 on a big drive.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

However since 32GB is the current recommended size and you have that card then Fat32 is fine. If you use the more fancy formats on the 32GB card the file allocation method takes up space and you won't get the image onto it. Germanic boards were rattling on about this last time round.

Anything other than Fat32 isn't suppose to be used since you are suppose to stick with a 32GB SD card. Off pista if you move away from that.

It probably recognises it’s a 64gb card and defaults to NTFS only, should be fine based on last years update though 

40 minutes ago, BooBoo124 said:

The 23000ee FEC says it's license is valid

Are you sure it's not suppose to be

That's the magic FeC I have for Skoda and the ones that the M.I.B. people use.... yours is a Audi one, whilst Seat work with Skoda not sure the other way round with a Skoda one and that was via the developers back end thingey Skoda works in a Seat. You need to get it at 08300008.

In June 2021 VAG left the Seat FeC out of the release so it couldn't be read in. May be something similar with Audi in this release ?.

Their lookup

http://mib-helper.com/fec-decoder/?fec=08300008

image.thumb.png.35ab58343be823c1e1c8a1ae24b6cdf0.png

Edited by Tell
more FeC stuff
  • Thanks 1

BooBoo the other thing to do is try uploading an old Map which you know the unit took to test whether the Audi FeC can be used with this release. I think we are getting somewhere... if it is the Audi FeC then the Skoda 08300008  may work. Never got down to the bottom of why VAG left out Seat this time last year, then put it back on the six month in November.

For all the random stuff going on why I say to people stick with the 32GB card, Fat32, Mac Keta and CleanMyDrive and it shouldn't go wrong.....

I did a Google... why I said if all the rest is correct then may be VAG have taken the FeC out for Audi, way to test on an old release of the maps. With Seat in the developers SWDL menu where the navigation FeC is unsupported  you see N against the map attributes. Y is good (will be the same). You can have a look in there. If you aren't seeing the media, then it's not seeing the media, but if it is seeing the media if will show the media to select. Tap it.

You go SWDL, manual download (tap), then start (below tap), then you can scroll down the attributes. NavDB, Eggnog etc. N is bad, Y is good. Doing an update that way you have to open and close the door every 15 minutes to keep the unit live. Dont start the update if the attributes arent marked as Y.

Edited by Tell

(Or a slight variation on the second para on when you see the attributes before Start or after, second bar down. The main thing is it differentiates out between when the media is being seen and whether what is on it is correct, wobbly navigation FeCs get identified on NavDB not being possible, see the rest and it's seeing the media, just navigation FeCs won't allow the update)

51 minutes ago, Danoid said:

As expected from previous results it worked perfectly with NTFS 64GB :)

It does... but won't on a 32gb card unless it's in Fat32 due to the overheads of NTFS addressing against Fat32. The addressing takes up the space so the image won't fit on. It popped that one about a year ago. People love NTFS so format willy nilly in that... if you do that on the standard navigation map card the unit doesn't read the card correctly as well as a fair few people screwing up their navigation cards since newer ones don't take too kindly to being reformatted. 

Keep it simple stupid approach applies else you end up digging people out of a mess they put themselves. That's buy a 32gb SD card class 10 for the purpose, keep to fat32. That might change if the high maps outgrow 32gb and the unit can support that. Not sure on the latter. Must be an unpublished upper limit in the QNX code.

The VW PDF attached on updating the mib2 high where it's says 32gb, fat32 SD card, class 10. Basically deviate at your peril. I know some of the Briskoda people like to take the top road 😂. For £7-50 saves a lot of trouble although with newer laptops you might have to buy a USB / SD adaptor which don't have an SD slot... another £7-50 or so. 

Discover_Pro_June_2020_EN.pdf

Edited by Tell