Software Updates

Anyone else having a whole bunch of system software updates pushed out to their Kodiaq at the moment? It seems like there is a new one every day... and I say that as the "what's new" bit is different for each of them. Probably only MIB3 - I didn't have a single update pushed out to my old bear with MIB2 in 3.5 years (probably because it didn't work like that).

Is there anywhere on the Skoda website to check what the latest version is? As far as I can tell, the update portal doesn't show these sorts of updates.

I’ve had the same lately. Always  when driving, and if you push ok it keeps coming up with the message can’t continue download when your driving which gets annoying. But no more faffing around spending ages downloading map updates to an SD card and then ages to upload as in my previous Kodiaq which is a big bonus.

7 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Anyone else having a whole bunch of system software updates pushed out to their Kodiaq at the moment?

Absolutely!  MIB3 system.  Hardly using the car at the moment but everytime I do use it I'm being asked to initiate an update. If I'd had time I'd have called in to the dealership this afternoon.

Weird msg the 2nd time it appeared ( twice in one day ), all the usual "won't work whislt driving" pulava displayed but then someting about background services having stopped. That's a new one on me.

Same here. So is the only way to successfully update the software to sit in the car, not moving, until finished?! Seems very strange. But then I’m new to all this MIB3 stuff

I have noticed since the up dates my tyre pressure monitor is reading wrong ,and my cruise control(going into roadworks at 50 slows down then coming out speeds up to 70 instead of staying at 50 my set speed )on motorways.Anyone else!

12 hours ago, herbywan said:

I have noticed since the up dates my tyre pressure monitor is reading wrong ,and my cruise control(going into roadworks at 50 slows down then coming out speeds up to 70 instead of staying at 50 my set speed )on motorways.Anyone else!

The cruise control on my Karoq does similar. When on a 60mph road, on going into a 30 limit the cruise resets to 30 mph, then when back to 60, the cruise resets to 60 mpg, not 50 mph. Quite normal.

My Karoq has had a message saying there is a software update. It says that after starting the update you can drive the car, and if you switch off before the update is complete the update will continue next time you use the car.  

7 minutes ago, herbywan said:

Whilst pulling my caravan a yellow looks like a traffic cone appeared then disappeared after a while.Anyone any ideas what this symbol is(its not in the manual)

If you mean a yellow triangle with an explanation mark in the centre, it means a fault has occurred, and if you go into the vehicle status screen it should show yo the fault.

4EFDB372-3200-46C4-B47D-69D4FB9CB92C.png

332FCE04-1F1D-45EF-BA2C-A1FF3AD8C66E.png

The yellow A with a red line through it and a traffic cone , is showing that the rear manoeuvre braking is disabled as you have a trailer attached so the rear sensors are not in operation.

Edited by Kenny R

10 hours ago, xspartx said:

my update now done.  So looks like it does fix itself (eventually)

+1. 

Last night ( and 1st time in 18mths ownership ), I saw the installation timer finish followed by the message 'Update Complete' appear.

15 hours ago, Kenny R said:

The yellow A with a red line through it and a traffic cone , is showing that the rear manoeuvre braking is disabled as you have a trailer attached so the rear sensors are not in operation.

Thank You

Another software update flagged up today.  I've left it running for more than 30 minutes and it seems to be still downloading.  It's showing "update in progress" but the circle to the left which normally shows a green portion is showing no green at all.  Does anyone think this is an update that is destined to fail?

1 hour ago, Stratton said:

Another software update flagged up today.  I've left it running for more than 30 minutes and it seems to be still downloading.  It's showing "update in progress" but the circle to the left which normally shows a green portion is showing no green at all.  Does anyone think this is an update that is destined to fail?

I had the same but disappeared without completing.

A short while ago I checked again and the "Update has Completed" message was showing.  Fingers crossed there will be some improvements within the update.  Time will tell!

On 10/05/2022 at 08:58, Yogi-Bear said:

Anyone else having a whole bunch of system software updates pushed out to their Kodiaq at the moment? It seems like there is a new one every day... and I say that as the "what's new" bit is different for each of them. Probably only MIB3 - I didn't have a single update pushed out to my old bear with MIB2 in 3.5 years (probably because it didn't work like that).

Is there anywhere on the Skoda website to check what the latest version is? As far as I can tell, the update portal doesn't show these sorts of updates.

Just noticed if you long press the Menu button, you'll get a (secret?) technical menu appear where you can see all the versions of software installed. not sure if that helps?

2 hours ago, simonharper said:

not sure if that helps?

Not really - I knew about that, but there's nowhere that lists the most recent versions, so nothing to compare with the versions I have.