Software Updates

2 hours ago, simonharper said:

ah ok...

Sorry, just realised that sounded a bit rude… thanks for the suggestion, even if it wasn’t particularly helpful 👍😂.

8 hours ago, simonharper said:

Just noticed if you long press the Menu button, you'll get a (secret?) technical menu appear where you can see all the versions of software installed. not sure if that helps?

Is there a safe way of exiting the said long press menu??

Just press the Home or Menu button. 

On 31/05/2022 at 17:40, Yogi-Bear said:

Sorry, just realised that sounded a bit rude… thanks for the suggestion, even if it wasn’t particularly helpful 👍😂.

No worries. Didn’t take it as rude at all mate 👍🏼

have a lovely long weekend. 

• 5 months later...

Hi all.  Newbie :).  I can see reference above to software updates not being listed on the Skoda portal site (which I have seen for myself) - does that mean I should still try to perform an update in-car ?  I have a 2018 Kodiaq Bolero so I am under the impression I can only update via the SD card, and so if there are no updates available on the portal, then that's it - no further updates can be done ??  Thanks !

3 hours ago, ngood77 said:

Hi all.  Newbie :).  I can see reference above to software updates not being listed on the Skoda portal site (which I have seen for myself) - does that mean I should still try to perform an update in-car ?  I have a 2018 Kodiaq Bolero so I am under the impression I can only update via the SD card, and so if there are no updates available on the portal, then that's it - no further updates can be done ??  Thanks !

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/470449-i-need-bolero-update/?do=findComment&comment=5702530

Press and hold down the Menu/Setup button for about 10 seconds, then you will enter the hidden engineering menu where you can find the Software Train information and the correct update button.  As seen in 2nd picture on link above.

The software update portal is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, not sure anyone has seen an update they can apply themselves.

9 minutes ago, varooom said:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/470449-i-need-bolero-update/?do=findComment&comment=5702530

Press and hold down the Menu/Setup button for about 10 seconds, then you will enter the hidden engineering menu where you can find the Software Train information and the correct update button.  As seen in 2nd picture on link above.

The software update portal is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, not sure anyone has seen an update they can apply themselves.

Many thanks varoom.  So why don’t Skoda provide updates then ?! Argh.

Is it possible for me to get the latest ?  Where do they come from ?  Cheers again.

Just now, ngood77 said:

Many thanks varoom.  So why don’t Skoda provide updates then ?! Argh.

Is it possible for me to get the latest ?  Where do they come from ?  Cheers again.

No idea why they don't supply updates there (maybe they do, just never seen one)

Odds are they don't trust us to apply them correctly, so if they don't supply any... No comeback on them.

Post up a picture of your Software Train information and I can check for you.  Mine are from VAG group, not a website.

6 hours ago, varooom said:Post up a picture of your Software Train information and I can check for you.  Mine are from VAG group, not a website.

Thanks again varooom, here you go…

CC7628DD-F114-4E01-9D3F-9F5255674667.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2022 at 17:50, varooom said:

If things are stable, you can leave alone.

But I have updated mine, as have many others.

50/50 really.

Hi Varoom,

I’m using a 2022 courtesy car at the moment and I notice that Skoda have fixed the confusing display of the mute/unmute button that appears on my 2018, see thread and pic below.

Do you know if this is also fixed in the software update we were discussing above ?

Thanks,

Nick.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/464853-phone-mute-function-is-reversed/

A7EA7B2A-AC87-490D-A25C-7AFC2AF01448.jpeg

Edited by ngood77

3 minutes ago, ngood77 said:

Hi Varoom,

I’m using a 2022 courtesy car at the moment and I notice that Skoda have fixed the confusing display of the mute/unmute button that appears on my 2018, see thread and pic below.

Do you know if this is also fixed in the software update we were discussing above ?

Thanks,

Nick.

A7EA7B2A-AC87-490D-A25C-7AFC2AF01448.jpeg

I am not sure if that car in the picture is using the same software train?

No change logs from mothership, only via reading the TPI documents can you guesstimate what is fixed.

8 minutes ago, varooom said:

I am not sure if that car in the picture is using the same software train?

No change logs from mothership, only via reading the TPI documents can you guesstimate what is fixed.

Ok I see.  I guess I’m expecting a bit much from a car company - they’re not Microsoft after all 😀.  Cheers again.

• 1 year later...

Hi All, I am new to this site but my Kodaiq keeps displaying a software update is required and although I keep selecting download, the message goes away, only to return the next time driving the car, how can I tell what the latest is on my car and what the latest update should be?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

can anyone tell me, how do you check or where do you check what is latest software for you car ? I have kodiak FL 1.5tsi dgs. First registration was in march 2022. How do I check or where do I check what is latest software for my car and for my infotainment system Amundsen MIB3. How to check what is my navigation map version and is there any newer because I did not have any updates for very while.

Thx !

Forgot to write that my software version is :

Hardware : H22

Software : 0304

Navigation database 23.2

Radio database 1.30.24