Rear Anti Roll Bar

Has anyone fitted a rear anti roll bar to their Fabia 3

If so, who was the manufacturer and what was the result?

I have fitted a set of Eibach lowering springs but feel the car could be 'tied' down a bit more yet.

Any comments and advice appreciated.

7 hours ago, brian245 said:

If so, who was the manufacturer and what was the result?

I have fitted a set of Eibach lowering springs but feel the car could be 'tied' down a bit more yet.

Any comments and advice appreciated.

You fitted sports/lowered springs, but did you fit matching sports shock absorbers such as Biltsein B8?

7 hours ago, Carlston said:

You fitted sports/lowered springs, but did you fit matching sports shock absorbers such as Biltsein B8?

Thats coming

i'm interested in the effect of adding the bar as well

On 19/05/2022 at 07:32, brian245 said:

Has it got a solid rear axle or independent rear suspension?

Thanks, AG Falco

10 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

@brian245 just like @roottoot mentioned I had a whiteline rear anti roll bar installed on my 2016 Fabia - absolutely worth it! I also had Eibach springs on stock shocks, it handled beautifully! It was a joy to drive

That is what I wanted to hear.............currently on order.

What setting did you use for the drop links?

6 hours ago, brian245 said:

That is what I wanted to hear.............currently on order.

What setting did you use for the drop links?

Sorry man I don't think I went with the adjustable drop links, I'm pretty sure we kept the stock ones. But I've just had my rear anti roll bar and drop links done on my Scirocco R, we've put the bar on the stiffest setting (this is a personal preference depending on how you want your car to feel) and then the drop links we left at the shortest length and adjusted just yesterday with a full alignment (with all 4 wheels on the ground adjust the drop links to remove any pre load on the bar) - I hope that helps! 😁

17 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

Sorry man I don't think I went with the adjustable drop links, I'm pretty sure we kept the stock ones. But I've just had my rear anti roll bar and drop links done on my Scirocco R, we've put the bar on the stiffest setting (this is a personal preference depending on how you want your car to feel) and then the drop links we left at the shortest length and adjusted just yesterday with a full alignment (with all 4 wheels on the ground adjust the drop links to remove any pre load on the bar) - I hope that helps! 😁

Sorry, I meant which hole did you use in the Fabia or did you put this on hardest as on the Scirocco also?

6 hours ago, brian245 said:

Sorry, I meant which hole did you use in the Fabia or did you put this on hardest as on the Scirocco also?

I'm actually not sure, sorry - at the time I just let the mechanic decide whatever was best which in retrospect wasn't the best idea I guess. But it depends how you prefer it - if you want a stiffer rear end then use the hole closest to the bar itself, if you don't want a too stiff rear end then use the hole furthest away from the bar - I hope that helps. :thumbup:

I'm assuming you understand the pros/cons of a stiffer rear end but just to be sure - a stiffer rear end helps the car rotate on slow speed corners but can cause instability on high speed sweeping corners, a not so stiff rear end will be less keen to help the car rotate on slow speed corners but will increase stability at high sweeping corners. Thats the theory anyway. So its all up to your preference behind the wheel - and if you set it one way and want to change at a later date its actually not too difficult to change the setting so its the best of both worlds :biggrin: