Access to Kamiq fusebox

AlexUK51

Although not needed at the moment I was exploring how to access the fuses behind the small storage compartment at the driver's side. According to the owner's manual on page 109 it refers to pressing a button to  "open the tray" and pulling the "tray" out towards you. I cannot see a tray, unless it means the small glovebox itself. After opening the small storage compartment/glovebox and dropping it down I can see the fuse board which is in a vertical position set well into the dash. I was unable to get my hand it to pull this out or, for that matter, reach in to change a fuse.

Anyone else had trouble reaching the dash panel fuses?

IMG_20220529_124030.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You've undoubtedly worked it out for yourself by now  -  but if anyone else looks here for the answer........

the miniature gloveboxy thing is what Skoda means by 'the tray'.  If you look up at the top edge, you will see it is prevented from dropping down completely by a protruding piece of plastic.  This plastic is bendy - bend it so that you free the 'tray' and it can pivot further on its hinges, almost turning upside down. Now it is in the correct position to be pulled clear of its hinges.  Don't be scared of damaging it - the hinge mechanism is quite robust - just give it a strong pull out horizontally towards the drivers' seat (actually in the direction shown in the handbook).  Access to the fuses is then quite good,

Edited by lastgasp

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to remove the miniature glovebox by pulling it harder than I expected. This does improve access to the fuses but I find they are still located well back in the void. It's a shame the fuseboard cannot be pulled out for maintenance as it's difficult to get your hand in and pull out the required fuse.

I hope I never have need to replace a fuse myself.

Yes, I agree.  Part of the problem, of course. is that once you've got your hand in there, it then obscures any view of what you are trying to do. I managed to substitute a fuse with a piggyback so I could power the dashcam by using very slender long-nosed pliers, but it was a helluva fiddle. Hopefully I won't need to go back in there ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  AlexUK51,

Kamiq MY21

Once the door is LEVEL to the floor, slight WIGGLE  pulling out pressure  on the LEFT and RIGHT sides to release the 2 x hinge catches.

[The FEMALE hinge part is an 'open  C'  shape Male /Female. ]  ( see pic )

When refitting the fuse door, ENSURE the door is LEVEL and Wiggle in LEFT and RIGHT pressure to the sides, as you push back in.

FYI: There is this ANOTHER fuse board under the bonnet.  ( Picture from Skoda Kamiq handbook )

rgds distrnc

image.thumb.png.440d253e0f352e227f425a19d20d8101.png

image.thumb.png.f73523ed769d9e35968279155d7af187.png

image.png.fc41294d5ea52ee6333987075cf4c6d1.png

• Like 2

Excellent information! Many thanks to all who contributed to the solution. Well done everyone! Most useful! It will certainly help me when fitting a dash Cam to our shortly  (🤞) to be delivered Kamiq.

Moderators: This would make a suitable and very good addition to the "Skoda Kamiq Guides" section. Perhaps it might be moved so others reviewing solutions to problems might find it easier?

Again - Many thanks......Regards to all! Tony

• Like 1

12 hours ago, distrnc said:

Hi  AlexUK51,

Kamiq MY21

Once the door is LEVEL to the floor, slight WIGGLE  pulling out pressure  on the LEFT and RIGHT sides to release the 2 x hinge catches.

[The FEMALE hinge part is an 'open  C'  shape Male /Female. ]  ( see pic )

When refitting the fuse door, ENSURE the door is LEVEL and Wiggle in LEFT and RIGHT pressure to the sides, as you push back in.

FYI: There is this ANOTHER fuse board under the bonnet.  ( Picture from Skoda Kamiq handbook )

rgds distrnc

image.thumb.png.440d253e0f352e227f425a19d20d8101.png

image.thumb.png.f73523ed769d9e35968279155d7af187.png

image.png.fc41294d5ea52ee6333987075cf4c6d1.png

Thanks for the useful information.

Long-nosed pliers looks the way to go.

AlexUK51