Advice on NSR door - not opening

Hello all.

I need some advice, because my rear door is jammed shut!

Locking mechanism is fine - clicks on and off on the fob etc... but nothing will open it!!

While playing aound with a mechanic camera tool I found there is a red catch/lever - but it only moves so much and nothing....

My other idea was to remove the door rubbers and see if I could get to catch that way... but I can't seem to be able to remove the rubbers.... is this possible if so what is the way/trick please. 

Thanks again

Sean.

It sounds like the issue we had with our first Roomster, in the end it needed a new lock/catch. I am not sure what you have done to try and get the door open, but I found if had the engine running I would sit in the car, lock the doors using the interior locking button then unlock the doors whilst simultaneously pulling latch on the door in question.

In the end the novelty had worn off so I replaced with a new imported unit for around 120 (about  100 less than dealer prices) only for the car to be written off a few months later.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Irishpitman77 said:

Hi NZ100.

To be fair it feels like the OSR one, not loose and not tight - just right..... and when I pull it, the rods move and that red carch/latch moves but nothing seems to work after that....

OK, if it feels like the handle is doing something, I carnt help, it never happened on mine, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...