Kodiaq MY23 changes

On 01/07/2022 at 12:29, kodiaqsportline said:

What does an Audi have today that a Skoda doesn't?

Stealth indicators. Not to be seen by the naked eye.

• Haha 3

I will ask the question i ask every time a Survey result is posted about.

?

How many members here with a Kodiaq contributed their opinion & experience to this survey? 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/499407-jd-driver-power-2021-karoq

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/504554-what-car-top-50-reliable-cars-kamiq

Edited by roottoot

On 04/07/2022 at 19:48, roottoot said:

I will ask the question i ask every time a Survey result is posted about.

?

How many members here with a Kodiaq contributed their opinion & experience to this survey? 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/499407-jd-driver-power-2021-karoq

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/504554-what-car-top-50-reliable-cars-kamiq

Well you didn't for a start because unlike  just about everyone else on here, you don't own a Skoda - or any VW group car for that matter.

But what interests me is, why would you want to know that? What's the significance of people on BriskSkoda replying?

Whatever your reason, the same question could be asked of any owners forum of any make - how many of them replied?  It's all six and half a dozen.

• Haha 1

@kodiaqsportline 

Love how you constantly say i do not own a Skoda.  #You know me so well.

I do own a Skoda but it is an old one and that means i am not worthy as you are. 

BRISKODA is one of the Skoda Forums with the biggest membership that owns Skodas and that covers various models and not just a forum for individual models like some other forums.

There are many Survey results published but there never seems to be Briskoda members / Skoda owners that say they took part in the surveys.

Now could you just carry on as you were happy in the knowledge that as a non Skoda or VW Group car Owner according to you & i should just bog off.

Did you take part in the Survey mentioned @kodiaqsportlineto share your experience of your current Skoda's or past models?

Edited by roottoot

2 hours ago, roottoot said:

@kodiaqsportline 

I do own a Skoda but it is an old one and that means i am not worthy as you are. 

BRISKODA is one of the Skoda Forums with the biggest membership that owns Skodas and that covers various models and not just a forum for individual models like some other forums.

There are many Survey results published but there never seems to be Briskoda members / Skoda owners that say they took part in the surveys.

Now could you just carry on as you were happy in the knowledge that as a non Skoda or VW Group car Owner according to you & i should just bog off.

Did you take part in the Survey mentioned @kodiaqsportlineto share your experience of your current Skoda's or past models?

It’s the biggest survey of car owners out there. Are you trying to say it’s invalid because you disagree with the outcomes and they didn’t ask you?

I don’t think it’s that controversial either, most reviewers and most of these sorts of surveys put the kodiaq right up there. It’s widely acknowledged as one of the best cars you can buy.

• Haha 1

Not trying to invalidate anything. Just trying to get the just on owners and drivers responding.   Lots of sales people are sitting twirling pencil with time on their hands.    What car  / Autocar can make a Skoda car of the year before any have arrived in the UK and when they have only driven left hand drive ones.   Actually they can ignore the software issues with mk4 Octavia.    The results are good. So were MG for a few years with very few even on the roads.  Same with Dacia.     The Kodiaq is marvelous.  Nobody is saying otherwise. 

Edited by roottoot

30 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

It’s the biggest survey of car owners out there. Are you trying to say it’s invalid because you disagree with the outcomes and they didn’t ask you?

I don’t think it’s that controversial either, most reviewers and most of these sorts of surveys put the kodiaq right up there. It’s widely acknowledged as one of the best cars you can buy.

If it is the biggest survey of car owners I get where @roottoot is coming from,  you would think lots of owners on here would be saying that they voted, but not one has came forward, so it does make you think, who has voted.

• Like 1

http://whocanfixmycar.com/advice/skoda-vs-volkswagen-which-is-best

Globally the Kodiaq is Skoda's 5th best seller or car delivered and is very popular among those that own them according to reviews and surveys so that is good enough even if there is no way of knowing who does respond to the surveys and are the owners.

Skoda models regularly get higher scores or places on a list compared to other VW & VW Group models so there must be something in it even though they sell much less equivalent models that might be more expensive.

Maybe the Skoda's are that much better or the VW owners are just fussier. 

Edited by roottoot

12 minutes ago, roottoot said:

http://whocanfixmycar.com/advice/skoda-vs-volkswagen-which-is-best

Globally the Kodiaq is Skoda's 5th best seller or car delivered and is very popular among those that own them according to reviews and surveys so that is good enough even if there is no way of knowing who does respond to the surveys and are the owners.

Skoda models regularly get higher scores or places on a list compared to other VW & VW Group models so there must be something in it even though they sell much less equivalent models that might be more expensive.

Maybe the Skoda's are that much better or the VW owners are just fussier. 

Is it not as simple as Skoda has a smaller market share as an emerging brand rather than a long established one like Audi, BMW, VW etc.

But like lots of emerging brands (you can’t really call Skoda the same brand as the one pre full VW takeover 20 years ago) they have to build products that their customers love and retain the value proposition. Audi will sell just because it’s an Audi and have cars like the Q3 for example to prove it. There is nothing at all special about a Q3 beyond the Audi badge. Whereas Skoda have to fight for that value proposition and also keep their customers happy with good finish and build quality.

I suspect that’s all this is. VW in my experience have gone downhill in last five or six years to point where I think a many Skoda cars are simply plusher and more expensive looking than their VW equivalents. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

Is it not as simple as Skoda has a smaller market share as an emerging brand rather than a long established one like Audi, BMW, VW etc.

But like lots of emerging brands (you can’t really call Skoda the same brand as the one pre full VW takeover 20 years ago) they have to build products that their customers love and retain the value proposition. Audi will sell just because it’s an Audi and have cars like the Q3 for example to prove it. There is nothing at all special about a Q3 beyond the Audi badge. Whereas Skoda have to fight for that value proposition and also keep their customers happy with good finish and build quality.

I suspect that’s all this is. VW in my experience have gone downhill in last five or six years to point where I think a many Skoda cars are simply plusher and more expensive looking than their VW equivalents. 

Particularly now with VW cabins I can't think of any VW I'd choose over the Skoda alternative.

And I'm not some Skoda fanboy, the Kodiaq will be my first having had VW, Ford, Mazda, Volvo, Audi.

Skoda do build and sell lots less cars than VW. They sell lots that are favoured in particular markets though because they are designed and priced to suit. 

They manufacture lots of the parts for other VW Brands including gearboxes.  

1991 VW acquired 31 % of shares in Skoda and 25 years now plus of a partnership.

Edited by roottoot

2 minutes ago, AntD said:

Particularly now with VW cabins I can't think of any VW I'd choose over the Skoda alternative.

And I'm not some Skoda fanboy, the Kodiaq will be my first having had VW, Ford, Mazda, Volvo, Audi.

Same I’m not even particularly keen on Skoda as their dealers are in my experience a bit annoying compared to my experience elsewhere.

But I’ve had a Toyota, several VWs, an Audi back in the day, and now have a SEAT too and I still look at some Skoda cars and just think ‘what is better than this’ and can’t answer it. Enyaq, Kodiaq, Kamiq for me are all pretty much the best in class. Fabia too is right up there. Excluding of course the obvious luxury models.

Kodiaq just won best large suv in auto express announced this morning. 

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Skoda do build and sell lots less cars than VW. They sell lots that are favoured in particular markets though because they are designed and priced to suit. 

They manufacture lots of the parts for other VW Brands including gearboxes.  

1991 VW acquired 31 % of shares in Skoda and 25 years now plus of a partnership.

This is true but Skoda really changed from 2000 onwards when vw took full ownership. Their direction and trajectory since then has been moving from budget brand towards something much more equivalent to VW themselves..accidentally somehow vw have allowed them to become more premium (but at same cost) which seems odd. 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2022 at 07:40, roottoot said:

@kodiaqsportline 

Yes I did.

As expected your question is rhetorical - you don't give a toss how many people respond because your goal is always to justify your position. The survey result doesn't square with your opinion of the brand so you're doing what you always do when any member on here has a different opinion to yourself - you attempt to rubbish them, as you've done with me in the past. Aren't you going to organise a forum poll?

Here's a better question. How many cars have Skoda sold and how many of those owners have posted on Briskoda?

And even if you were to account for that minuscule amount, Briskoda is primarily used by those who have a problem and are looking a solution. ( When's the last time anyone came on here and said I've just had my car serviced and it was great ?). So to justify your conclusion, you're asking turkeys to vote for christmas?  It's all very Donald Trumpian.

Secondly, if every single person on Briskoda were to reply it still wouldn't make any impact on the results because that'd be an insignificant number too.

You'd have everyone believe the cars are faulty, dealers are rubbish, servicing is rubbish, blah blah blah, It's just not true for the vast majority of owners as the surveys indicate. Owners are happy with their cars. Briskoda is no different from any other owners forum - go to any forum and the vast majority of posting are problems.

One last thing about being a Skoda owner which is even more confusing to me at least. If you have a Skoda then why are you listing a Corsa, a Suzuki, a Shogun etc...  Who on a Skoda forum gives a toss about those? If you're on a Skoda forum, wouldn't it be an idea to list your Skoda?  And presumably you own just the one obsolete model, so why are you replying to every post on every model on every forum within Briskoda?

Now even a simple indi survey seems to upset you. Why? What exactly is your goal here?

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1
  • Kiss 1

Maybe time to cool things down as I'm sure all parties have the best of intentions?

It might also be prudent to bear in mind that people do occasionally move away from the Skoda marque but their inherent knowledge doesn't automatically go too.

Briskoda thrives due to its friendly environment and long may it continue in such vein. 🥳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, as like everyone else, I’ve been waiting on a car being built for about a year now which has just started moving. Cynic in me says they were sandbagging to get the MY23 changes in place (which have likely been scoped to offset the shortages) but we are where we are. 

I’ve ordered a Sportline and reviewing the original brochure (June 21) vs latest and I am struggling to see if the car still comes with the electrically adjustable drivers seat with memory function. 

It’s disappeared as a line item from the option matrix but it is reference as standard equipment on the SE L in the 22 brochure (it was only standard on sportline in 2021). 

Don’t suppose anyone has any insight? 

3 minutes ago, OnlyDave said:

Hi all, as like everyone else, I’ve been waiting on a car being built for about a year now which has just started moving. Cynic in me says they were sandbagging to get the MY23 changes in place (which have likely been scoped to offset the shortages) but we are where we are. 

I’ve ordered a Sportline and reviewing the original brochure (June 21) vs latest and I am struggling to see if the car still comes with the electrically adjustable drivers seat with memory function. 

It’s disappeared as a line item from the option matrix but it is reference as standard equipment on the SE L in the 22 brochure (it was only standard on sportline in 2021). 

I was told by a dealer that according to their release from Skoda MY23 only has 3 changes -

Digital dials

No cooled glovebox

No covers on SE roof rails (whatever that means)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OnlyDave said:

It’s still listed on the standard equipment list for the Sportline on the Skoda website.

the list has been updated for MY23 as it lists the 8inch screen in lieu of dials

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OnlyDave said:

Electric drivers seat is still standard on Sportline. 
£480 option to add electric passenger seat.

• Thanks 1

Also I was told by Skoda, the spec of the car at the time of ordering is generally what you get regardless, of changes they make to that trim in the future. Even if the trim is dropped entirely from the line up, you'll still get what you ordered. I found this out after asking about what happens to my SE order now the SE trim isn't available anymore, only the SE Drive. 

Obviously Model Year changes may affect things slightly. 

1 minute ago, Theo5 said:

Also I was told by Skoda, the spec of the car at the time of ordering is generally what you get regardless, of changes they make to that trim in the future. Even if the trim is dropped entirely from the line up, you'll still get what you ordered. I found this out after asking about what happens to my SE order now the SE trim isn't available anymore, only the SE Drive. 

Obviously Model Year changes may affect things slightly. 

Will see if I get my Mars bar fridge or not then...

• Like 1