Parking Sensors issue - 2009 Superb

Hi All, 

Just looking for some advise with my parking sensors as they stopped working all of the sudden with no reason... When i put reverse gear now, the sensors beep few times and stop with nothing coming on the radio screen. The sensor light button keep flashing (the yellow button). 

If i am not in reverse gear and i press the sensor button the same happen. The radio screen shows the car diagram for a split second then it disappear and i get the beeping noise for 2 or 3 seconds and none of the sensor work... see attached video.

The issue started a week or so ago but the sensors work the following day as normal then stopped again the day after and worked again then stopped now for good few days ago. I am suspecting it is a broken wire somewhere in the system but no idea where to look as in my mind the cables do not go through door hinges or move that much ? 

Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed - thanks in advance...

P.S i just realised how reliant we can be on the parking sensors specially with a long vehicle like the superb... :) 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've seen a YouTube clip where it was caused by pressure washing the car. Water entered the sensor. The guy went round spraying them with wd40 to disperse the water. I tried this but it didn't help mine. Might be worth a try?

• 2 weeks later...

Would be worthwhile to scan the car for any errors, if a parking sensor has failed then the error should tell you exactly which one has failed. I had one of the front sensors fail after a cold night, and an OBD reader told me exactly which sensor has failed. Unfortunately I had to take the whole bumper off in order to replace that particular sensor, but depending on the location some sensors are more easily accessible

• 4 months later...

The rear parking sensor on my 2009 Octavia 1.9 TDI DSG stopped working a few weeks ago for no apparent reason. When I select reverse gear I hear a few warning beeps (which I assume are to notify me that there is a problem) and no rear proximity display appears on the radio screen like it used to. I've tried squirting WD40 into each of the sensors but to no avail.

1 hour ago, roghol said:

The rear parking sensor on my 2009 Octavia 1.9 TDI DSG stopped working a few weeks ago for no apparent reason. When I select reverse gear I hear a few warning beeps (which I assume are to notify me that there is a problem) and no rear proximity display appears on the radio screen like it used to. I've tried squirting WD40 into each of the sensors but to no avail.

Take a look at this thread, plenty of good information there to read upon.

tl;dr it's all guessing without a code read/wiring diagrams/multimeter to help narrow it down.