Front bumper part number

Hi all,

Does anyone know the part number for the front bumper? Mine is a 2016 L&K so it'll have the parking sensors and washer jet holes.

I've seen some on ebay that are similar but with damage to them so want to compare price to a new one. Either way I plan on having it sprayed etc since bodyshop quoted around £650 for the repair.

Back story is I hit an unavoidable bit of debris on the motorway which took off part of the driver side bumper at the bottom...Luckily that part of the bumper is empty (washer bottle etc is other side) and it's just cosmetic.

There will be up to 6 variants.

With washers

With washers: With Parking Sensors

With washers: With Parking Sensors: With park assist sensors

without washers: With parking Sensors

without washers: With parking sensors: With park assist sensors

I believe the bumpers may not always come cut for the sensors and you will also require the parking sensor brackets to be replaced or taken from the old bumper. A bodyshop should be able to cut the sensor holes easily enough though

As above really, if you need the extra sensors on the far left and far right for the parking assist (six sensor holes rather than 4) then it might be easier to source the bumper for the four holed one and get the bodyshop to sort the holes for the other two.... 

You will need the seperate brackets to be secured on the inside however but the markings on a genuine bumper are there for ease of use. 

received_463512225315030.jpeg

received_232209419031126.jpeg

• Like 1

On ebay the part number will usually be 3V0807221, you will have to determine which is best suited for your needs.

A good bodyshop should be able to drill out the extra PDC holes if you have park-assist and take the brackets from the old bumper.

There is also part number 3V0807218, which is most cases doesn't have the washer jet housing bracket  

3 hours ago, Awesam said:

drill out the extra PDC holes

I know its just your wording of making a hole but i really hate it when a garage/bodyshop use a hole saw or drill or step drill to cut pdc holes. They never cut perfectly and always leave a roughish edge. When they use the proper press on the other hand that forces the plastic out, it leaves a nice tapered edge and prevents any paint peeling, its such a small difference but to me it makes a massive difference in quality :)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response, life got in the way followed by covid (always fun)

Thanks for all the info though guys, really helpful. I've got the L&K, so that's got the washer jets, parking sensors and park assist sensors. All the sensors etc are still there and working as its just the bottom of the bumper that's been ripped off. Will still be a pain to actually find a bumper in decent condition and then get it painted.

Local bodyshop said they can paint for £250 (not sure if that's about average or if that's too much). Or, they can source the part directly, paint and fit but would be looking at £650-700ish. 

Since it's a newer model there tends to be less breaking or in scrapyards (I've not seen any near me at least) which adds to the pain.

Anyway, thanks again though I'll get searching

14 hours ago, lynxx said:

Sorry for the delayed response, life got in the way followed by covid (always fun)

Thanks for all the info though guys, really helpful. I've got the L&K, so that's got the washer jets, parking sensors and park assist sensors. All the sensors etc are still there and working as its just the bottom of the bumper that's been ripped off. Will still be a pain to actually find a bumper in decent condition and then get it painted.

Local bodyshop said they can paint for £250 (not sure if that's about average or if that's too much). Or, they can source the part directly, paint and fit but would be looking at £650-700ish. 

Since it's a newer model there tends to be less breaking or in scrapyards (I've not seen any near me at least) which adds to the pain.

Anyway, thanks again though I'll get searching

I was quoted £500 to paint and refit the a new bumper which including transferring the Sensor brackets.  A brand new bumper is c £600 - £700 from the dealers!

There is one on Ebay for £400 with washjet nozzles but will need the sensors holes drilled and bracket put in and painted.

On 07/07/2022 at 12:06, Awesam said:

I was quoted £500 to paint and refit the a new bumper which including transferring the Sensor brackets.  A brand new bumper is c £600 - £700 from the dealers!

There is one on Ebay for £400 with washjet nozzles but will need the sensors holes drilled and bracket put in and painted.

How did you find one for £400? The most expensive ones I could find were £200ish and even those had some minor damage. (No I don't have a price filter or anything on :)

I guess scrapes I could deal with since it's being repainted anyway but still...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2022 at 22:11, Awesam said:

It was for a brand one, a. 2nd hand one could easier be bought for £100.

Before I go ahead and buy one, do you know if the PDC brackets are transferrable or will I need new ones? Unsure how they currently fit on and assuming adhesive of some sort

7 hours ago, lynxx said:

Before I go ahead and buy one, do you know if the PDC brackets are transferrable or will I need new ones? Unsure how they currently fit on and assuming adhesive of some sort

They are adhered to the back of the bumper, all depends what’s glueing them and if they can get them off without breaking them.

some kind of hard bodyshop adhesive (epoxy, not pu) is what holds them in place. New ones will come with double sided tape that is more than suitable as long as the area is prepped first