New Leon FR cheaper than Octy vRS

Zetec-S

Just read on Autocar.co.uk, that the new Leon FR is going to cost only £16,995 when it arrives in the UK, that's £500 less than the list price of a Octy II vRS. Same 197bhp 2.0 TFSI engine.

For an extra £500 you will also be able to get a 2.0 litre turbo diesel, which is the same as the TD now confirmed for the Octy.

Wasn't the Octy I vRS cheaper than the original Leon Cupra (the lesser powered one, at least)?

Is this a sign that VW are trying to position Skoda more up market than Seat, with Seat taking over as the cheaper brand?

I disagree with the Octy interior being knowhere as nice. i prefer the Leon one myself

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/05/leonfr06_inter.jpg

vs

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/12946/5-L.jpg

Plus I think the Leons seats look better

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/05/leonfr06_inter2.jpg

But thats my own opinion

Edited to links

He's got you there Alex, Sorry mate.

The seats , yes they look better , but the centre console on the Leon is that horrible shiny hard plastic. Eurgh!!!

:iagree:

After sitting in Shifty's I was blown away by the quality. SO much nicer than my fabia, even with my leather seats installed. For me, the Octavia wins hands down.

In order of improvement on both 'plastic' and ICE quality it would have to be (within the Skoda range)

Octavia Mk1 -> Fabia -> Octavia Mk2

The ICE in the Mk1 = rubbish

Fabia = decent enough (vRS, dunno if the cheaper models are a lot worse)

Mk2 = better again :)

I am still debating if I like the overdose of chrome in the Mk2, I'm not a fan of chrome so I'm biased :o

The quality is excellent though and it sure looked like a nice place to be during my (admittedly short) visit to the Mk2 vRS interior :)

Those seats in the SEAT look great though IMHO, I just wish SWMBO would let me go ahead with fitting leather seats to the car (somehow I doubt she'll let me)

The Leon looks like a van to me.

Step away from the drugs :rofl:

The styling is a lot more modern and imho a lot better than the blandness of the Octy.

but the centre console on the Leon is that horrible shiny hard plastic. Eurgh!!!

As opposed to those lovely shiny hard plastics in the cntre console of the Octy??? :rofl:

that leon looks like a fookin hippo to me!!! awful awful awful car Seats interior center consol looks like a old remote control from the 90s in black :thumbdwn: awful awful awful awful

the Leon looks a bit cheap and tacky WTF???. those alloys are a bit bland WHAT????.

I think I'd have to go for the Octy 2 VRS instead.

suppose if thats what people want then fair enough.

Alloys bland in comparison to these oh so outstanding ones lol

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/110/images/2/large.jpg

Clearly some Skoda tinted glasses being worn here lol

In fairness, it being a Skoda-based site, that's not entirely surprising though :P

IMHO the strength of BOTH brands is that even though they are both VAG group cars, there is a distinct difference in styling, which is a good thing :D

Alloys bland in comparison to these oh so outstanding ones lol

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/110/images/2/large.jpg

Clearly some Skoda tinted glasses being worn here lol

the octy vrs alloys looks so much better than the Leons. also like someone else said the interior looks...oh yes tacky!:rofl:

and it's not my skoda tinted glasses at all. I wouldn't say the Octy is soo stylish and sporty but atleast it's got a bit of class behind it's looks.

At the end of the day it's IMO like you had yours.

:thumbup:

the old cupra was the same power as the mk1 vRS and the cupra R was 45bhp in front of it with a bigger turbo and bit IC setup. the FR is the replacement for the old cupra, can't wait to see the new cupra, will make a joke of the vRS performance wise i expect :)

Seat dealer told me that the Leon FR was to get the 170 TDI 2.0 that is currently in the altea FR and that the Cupra was to get a 2.0T Petrol engine.

I had a go in a new seat with the PD140, it's ok but the dash is a bit hard plastic feeling. Saying that the new skoda isn't perfect either.