Creaking from front suspension/steering

Hi all,

I've got a MY18 estate SE Tech with standard sus.

Over the last couple of months I've been getting loud creaking from front sus. When driving slow (reversing or parking etc) and if I go up a speed ramp or something.

Normal driving at speed is fine. Not noticing any noise over say 10mph.

I've looked under car and nothing looks like it has play in it, plastic underbody is tight and no leak visible from shocks.

Anyone had same and found the solution?

Thanks

I had something similar. Creaking noise over speed bumps in the winter and front suspension noise at low speeds while manoeuvring like when parking. Like you there was no play and MOT passed without any issues.

Had it checked and fixed under warranty as there was a TPI about it. The dealer just greased some bushes and everything has been silent for over a year.

I had the same thing a while ago. Ask them to grease the front wishbones and it should be fine. It's actually fairly common across many VAG platforms 

12 minutes ago, weyland said:

I had the same thing a while ago. Ask them to grease the front wishbones and it should be fine. It's actually fairly common across many VAG platforms 

Which parts are you greasing, are you disassembling and greasing, or just pushing it in somewhere?

On 04/07/2022 at 21:50, RoddersUK said:

Which parts are you greasing, are you disassembling and greasing, or just pushing it in somewhere?

No disassembly, just greasing the bushes from underneath. My car went to the dealers 3 times under warranty to fix the creaking before they figured out this was all was needed!