Continental SportContact 2

After taking delivery of my lovely Vrs, last thursday, i came across a lovely puncture on friday which is unrepairable, confirmed by 3 people.

Well... enough to **** me off, the price of the tyres from say.. kwik-fit wish for and i mean.. wish for

Look out for Protyre or Mitcheldever tyres or similar up your way (eg a good independent).

From my experience, I would rule out Micheldever as a good independent ;) They are definitely cheap though :D:rofl:

Chris

Actually I should clarify,

Mitcheldever are good as long as you get them to do the fingerplate balancing of the wheels, otherwise you will find your sterring wobbles as much as a wobbly wobly thing (Mine did anyway).

Although to give them their dues, a protyre place (which is same company as MD) noticed it was 30ish and 5g out and rebalanced FOC. so big thumbs up to protyre Fareham :)

Cheaper option is to have the spare which is a full size Conti put on your Alloy then buy something for the spare.

The spare will never be on the road for more than a few miles as it's a steel and 'limited' in speed. I had a Khumo KU31 put on mine a few weeks a go by Protyre for under £60 all in.

Actually looks a nice tyre and I may well go for them come replacement time.

etyres.co.uk are pretty good, just ordered a pair of Eagle F1s for about the same price as Blackcircles 'cept they'll come and fit them at work which is a bonus.

Looking forward to getting the Eagles on the front, hope they don't wear too quickly...

I have a set of these on my Octy, so far so good.

As I needed a complete set, I first got some prices off the internet, then got on the phone a asked each tyre place in turn to bet the price.

Sooner or later, someone will.

You might get a good deal today, as it's the last day of the month and these places always have targets to meet to get their bonus.

Make sure you always ask for the 'all in' price.

Cheaper option is to have the spare which is a full size Conti put on your Alloy then buy something for the spare.

The spare will never be on the road for more than a few miles as it's a steel and 'limited' in speed. I had a Khumo KU31 put on mine a few weeks a go by Protyre for under

After taking delivery of my lovely Vrs' date=' last thursday, i came across a lovely puncture on friday which is unrepairable, confirmed by 3 people.

Well... enough to **** me off, the price of the tyres from say.. kwik-fit wish for and i mean.. wish for £130 without fitting/balancing/vat etc..

I've looked on [url']www.mytyres.co.uk[/url] and they can do them for £82.

Anybody know of anything cheaper?

Thanks

Aaron

There's a guy on Ebay selling Conti Sport Contacts a pair new at £99 +£9 delivery:thumbup:

Thanks maxcars, i bought them from mytyres in the end, and i swapped the continental contactsport2, 205/16/45 83w from my spare and put it on my alloy. Awaiting the delivery of the one ordered to put on my spare wheel again.