Software Update...?

Schtum

hi everyone, can I install this update from USB without any dongle (Odis or Carscanner)?

In fact, I didn't understand if, without a dongle, there would be a system error at the end of the update.
Furthermore, it is not clear to me if Skoda Service sees that I have updated by myself, and can revoke my guarantee.

7 minutes ago, anthony82 said:

hi everyone, can I install this update from USB without any dongle (Odis or Carscanner)?

In fact, I didn't understand if, without a dongle, there would be a system error at the end of the update.
Furthermore, it is not clear to me if Skoda Service sees that I have updated by myself, and can revoke my guarantee.

It's best to let us know what Software Train value you have, then answers to your questions can be given.

6 minutes ago, anthony82 said:

I've to check, for sure I've a 2021 Karoq 1.5 DSG with HW 22 and software version 306 (upgraded by Skoda service due to inability to update maps with the original 270).

If you are on 0306, then you won't need anything special.

You will update to 0308, then after it has settled down, apply 0324.

I wouldn't sweat too much about the issue of it breaking down, and warranty troubles.  The failure is very rare, and they have always had a red emergency menu, not actually even heard of issues loading the updates (apart from what was already mentioned)

Thanks Varooom, I was referring to the warranty in general. For example I know that there is a global recall (48S5) for the "travel assist unavailable" error message, and they will need to do a warranty upgrade to the camera software.
I wouldn't want them to say: ok, but you updated the software by downloading the files not from authorized sources and therefore you invalidated the warranty.
I mean... I don't know if they can see that the customer has updated the software by himself.

10 minutes ago, anthony82 said:

Thanks Varooom, I was referring to the warranty in general. For example I know that there is a global recall (48S5) for the "travel assist unavailable" error message, and they will need to do a warranty upgrade to the camera software.
I wouldn't want them to say: ok, but you updated the software by downloading the files not from authorized sources and therefore you invalidated the warranty.
I mean... I don't know if they can see that the customer has updated the software by himself.

Yes they could potentially see the values, if they decide to look.  So if you can download the files I sent, then you can decide if you wish to load them.

Some have updated their systems themselves, and had NO issues with warranty.

On 23/06/2023 at 20:00, varooom said:

I already did... check your Private Message 🆙 top right

Hello Varoon, can you also give me in private the 308 and 324 update?

thank you very much