Software Update...?

Schtum

Our 2019 190 TDI was in the local, friendly, Škoda dealership for its 3rd annual service today.   On collecting the car, the Service Manager told us that they'd performed a software update on the ECU but she didn't know what it was for; only that Škoda had mandated it.

Has anyone else had this performed or know what it's for? 

TIA

1 hour ago, Schtum said:

Service Manager told us that they'd performed a software update on the ECU but she didn't know what it was for; only that Škoda had mandated it.

You did respond by telling the Service Mangler that it is your car, and not Skoda's so they needed your explicit permission to perform a software change?

My car is a MY21, built in October 2020 with the MIB3 system, and so I don't know if this will apply to your car. But hopefully you will still be able to identify the software version now installed. 

If you press the Menu button on my MIB3 Amundsen system, then choose Settings, System Settings and System Information you'll see the software version fitted to your car. 

Mine originally came with version 0270, but was updated to 0276 to cure faults such as the User Profile failing to load, and the failure of the SOS/Emergency Call system.  

No doubt yours will have been updated to avoid any problems that have been identified in the older software (but I would have hoped your Service Manager could have explained this to you and not just fobbed you off.) It does seem at times that Briskoda members get more information about their cars than the dealers do!

Chris

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJJE said:

My car is a MY21, built in October 2020 with the MIB3 system, and so I don't know if this will apply to your car. But hopefully you will still be able to identify the software version now installed. 

If you press the Menu button on my MIB3 Amundsen system, then choose Settings, System Settings and System Information you'll see the software version fitted to your car. 

Mine originally came with version 0270, but was updated to 0276 to cure faults such as the User Profile failing to load, and the failure of the SOS/Emergency Call system.  

No doubt yours will have been updated to avoid any problems that have been identified in the older software (but I would have hoped your Service Manager could have explained this to you and not just fobbed you off.) It does seem at times that Briskoda members get more information about their cars than the dealers do!

Chris

Hello Chris,

The update the OP had might have been an engine ECU update rather than MIB3 update you are talking about, and as @KenONeill has mentioned they usually have ask before doing additional work, and often papers have to be signed (unless process has changed)

With regards to your MIB3 system, the software has been updated since then from 268 -> 270 -> 272 -> 274 -> 276 -> 278 -> 300 -> 302 -> 304 -> 306 kinda tells you a lot about VAG software development, either it's really bad, or they are on the ball depending on your point of view!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Has there been new updates rolled out since 306? I have a Skoda Karoq with virtual cockpit and Bolero unit with software 306 installed. I don't have navigation but I'm experiencing some small bugs that are becoming annoying like: when setting a destination on google maps I get a message "Compass unavailable" in the VC and I have to exit the navigation using the steering wheel commands and the get back and then I can see turn by turn navigation, some times the 3rd option for configurable dials layout in VC is missing and it only shows 2 options instead of 3, other times when put the car in reverse it shows only the back-up camera without any guidelines or overlay, it doesn't always enter in Android Auto but this could be phone related, and other small issues regarding VC and Bolero.

1 hour ago, Psicho1986 said:

Has there been new updates rolled out since 306? I have a Skoda Karoq with virtual cockpit and Bolero unit with software 306 installed. I don't have navigation but I'm experiencing some small bugs that are becoming annoying like: when setting a destination on google maps I get a message "Compass unavailable" in the VC and I have to exit the navigation using the steering wheel commands and the get back and then I can see turn by turn navigation, some times the 3rd option for configurable dials layout in VC is missing and it only shows 2 options instead of 3, other times when put the car in reverse it shows only the back-up camera without any guidelines or overlay, it doesn't always enter in Android Auto but this could be phone related, and other small issues regarding VC and Bolero.

I need to verify when near PC, but 320 was released 15th November 2022.

If rolled out OTA, might be a while as they probably release in batches.

EDIT: Glad I checked, the 320 release can only be applied if you have 308 installed as seen below in SupportedTrains
"Release": "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P32000P",
"MuVersion": "0320",

"SupportedTrains": ["*_?308*", "*_?310*", "*_?312*", "*_?314*", "*_?316*", "*_?318*", "*_?320*"]

Edited by varooom
Additional Information

Any way I can get a download link and how to update tutorial? I’ve included a photo of what the service menu shows, but there are no OTA updates available, maybe because I’m based in Romania. I can ask the dealer to update it for me and claim there is a warranty issue like the bugs I’ve detailed.

BEEDD484-D7C6-4252-BE7B-BA9223AC3500.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Psicho1986 said:

Any way I can get a download link and how to update tutorial? I’ve included a photo of what the service menu shows, but there are no OTA updates available, maybe because I’m based in Romania. I can ask the dealer to update it for me and claim there is a warranty issue like the bugs I’ve detailed.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/7f3a4109b7c9db5275ba0696e58b3cb7d9ae65c743ad6ace706caf7e66e199cc/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/BEEDD484-D7C6-4252-BE7B-BA9223AC3500.thumb.jpeg.85cfaf5083196a8233284babb38b7d5b.jpeg

The 320 version will only apply if existing is 308, see above post under SupportedTrains.

So there is no way to perform update, it's blocked.

Ah, OK, I thought that I could update to 308 and then to 320. But I guess that supported trains means a combination of head unit hardware and car. So there is no upgrade path from 306. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Psicho1986 said:

Ah, OK, I thought that I could update to 308 and then to 320. But I guess that supported trains means a combination of head unit hardware and car. So there is no upgrade path from 306. Thanks

Yes currently there is no 308 that I have seen.

It could be due to a hardware change in factory that they stopped at 306 for your unit.  I will keep an eye open, but feel free to check back in one month, but no promises anything comes down the pipeline.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Sofer0 said:
Hi all, I just kicked Karoq and the infotaiment shows me sw0270. I can somehow update it. Thank you for answer.

270.jpg

You can update to 0306 version, I will PM you a file to download to USB stick.

Meanwhile here is a video in Italian of the process to watch and reference the steps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gennaro81 said:

Hi everybody
Is the same update for a Skoda Kamiq Montecarlo software version 270?

The key value you are looking for is the release version (what I call Software Train) to be MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P27005P in your radio, and you can update to 0306 version

Just now, Gennaro81 said:

Thank you so much! I saw the video they are some Italian guys who have a company that deals with this.

Even better you can understand the process much better, at least you have saved some money now in getting a free update, best of luck 🤞

4 hours ago, Gennaro81 said:

I'll correct myself... it's version 0276! Can I update the same?

Yes you can update to 0306

Taken from inside the update

"Release": "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30603P"
 "MuVersion": "0306"

<snip>

"SupportedTrains": [
  "*_?268*",
  "*_?270*",
  "*_?272*",
  "*_?274*",
  "*_?276*",
  "*_?278*",
  "*_?300*",
  "*_?302*",
  "*_?304*",
  "*_?306*"
 ],

• Like 1

Hi!

Just registered here because of this interesting thread about a possible software update for my Karoq!

I wonder, if it would be possible to update my Karoq's software, MY 21, too? Which is the currently available software version? 306?

Hardware level is H22 and software is currently 0276.

Could not really follow the vid above 'cause it's in Italian language 😁 The steps necessary to update using an USB stick are clear, though.

Anyway, would it be recommended to update myself?

My car still has a valid warranty till the end of year 2024, nevertheless the dealer will only update upon a valid complaint about a software failure.

I heard that one should have the car's battery connected to a charger to avoid any blackouts during the update.

If a dealer will update a car's software, will the new version be registered at Skoda, similar if you change any hardware parts, or doesn't it matter at all?

cu,

Michael

3 minutes ago, MichiF said:

Hi!

Just registered here because of this interesting thread about a possible software update for my Karoq!

I wonder, if it would be possible to update my Karoq's software, MY 21, too? Which is the currently available software version? 306?

Hardware level is H22 and software is currently 0276.

Could not really follow the vid above 'cause it's in Italian language 😁 The steps necessary to update using an USB stick are clear, though.

Anyway, would it be recommended to update myself?

My car still has a valid warranty till the end of year 2024, nevertheless the dealer will only update upon a valid complaint about a software failure.

I heard that one should have the car's battery connected to a charger to avoid any blackouts during the update.

If a dealer will update a car's software, will the new version be registered at Skoda, similar if you change any hardware parts, or doesn't it matter at all?

cu,

Michael

Welcome to the forum Michael,

Yes the update should bring you to 0306 should you wish (if your Software Train is in the correct format)

I cannot understand Italian, but seeing the screens is much more helpful than me typing out 20 steps for sure.

Dealers are very reluctant to do software changes as they are concerned about breaking things, understandable really, but as you can see the success rate is good.

With any software update, you do really need stable power, at the least I usually tell people to have their engine running to keep stable power.

During the official process at dealer, at the end the new software version will be updated at their end so they know you left factory with 0276, and now have 0306.  Not sure what you mean about changing of hardware parts exactly.