Wiring Harness1394046-1 for multimedia unit

Hello all,

Sorry if this info is already on the forum.

Has anyone the wires or pins diagram for the multimedia unit? Attached photos.

I have replaced the OEM multimedia unit with a aftermarket one and some wires remains unconnected. I need to know where these wires go and what is their role.

Skoda superb combi, 2017.

Thank you very much!

PXL_20220811_093935579.jpg

PXL_20220811_094011696.jpg

PXL_20220811_093749123.PORTRAIT.jpg

I am not sure I lost something. This is I trying to find out. Back camera works, parching sensors works. The OEM navi never used, because connecting phone and use google maps or waze.

Now I can use the unit with waze on it, have all android apps I need. Is the Joying model they have for Skoda Superb.

If you know any functionalities may not work please share.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, MariusLM said:

I am not sure I lost something. This is I trying to find out. Back camera works, parching sensors works. The OEM navi never used, because connecting phone and use google maps or waze.

Now I can use the unit with waze on it, have all android apps I need. Is the Joying model they have for Skoda Superb.

If you know any functionalities may not work please share.

Thanks!

You won’t have access to any of the oem menus and settings, can’t adjust anything for hvac, any of the adas systems or such as I very much doubt there will be a aftermarket setup to cover that. Unless I’m wrong?

im also assuming the new system won’t have most so can’t be used with canton, tv tuner or virtual cockpit 

There are all settings availabe. I can do all I can do with the OEM unit. Adas systems too.

Unfortunately some are not. I do not know which. I have a few databus erros on VCDS and one in BC (Dinamic Road Sign Display).

image.png.6db875c2779b06713da9273135291e90.png

I think to find a solution to keep the main MIB2 unit connected in the same time for the car have access to these connections.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, MariusLM said:

There are all settings availabe. I can do all I can do with the OEM unit. Adas systems too.

Unfortunately some are not. I do not know which. I have a few databus erros on VCDS and one in BC (Dinamic Road Sign Display).

image.png.6db875c2779b06713da9273135291e90.png

I think to find a solution to keep the main MIB2 unit connected in the same time for the car have access to these connections.

This would instantly be throwing red flags for me, the unit youre fitting is gonna be causing a lot of errors by the looks of it and having databus errors means things arent communicating as they should. The 5F unit is a big part of the canbus and general car network so removing it will cause issues. This dash fault wont be able to clear with the aftermarket unit as the road sign recognition uses fusion mode using the original GPS location and map data aswell as the front camera. 

I have used more google maps than waze. Until now I have used it through Android auto, but android auto created more issues for me. There are a lot disconnections, and these when I am driving. I have also want listen youtube music by bluetooth in the same time with android auto and this did not work as expected. 

Right now I do not see functions that did not work. ACC, Line assist, Road sign recognition, all of these works. I will have a long trip soon and I will see if any of the functions I personally use will not work.

I will go on vacation. After I will try to find a solution. I am planing to keep the MIB2 unit powered and with the pins (wires) that the aftermarchet radio not used. The new unit are using only few pins and the rests remaining disconected.

image.thumb.png.03fa44afa3c257d0fa5fc26462417944.png

I will connect them to the MIB unit. I hope this will fix the problems.

Maybe I will find out what are these wires used for.

3 hours ago, MariusLM said:

Maybe I will find out what are these wires used for.

A very quick google later for MIB pinout...

FBAS 1 IN+ and the IN- are the reversing camera input. The other pins are pretty self-explanatory on the image below.

Wiring diagram for a 2015 Octavia RS with Harman MIB II Main Unit - Skoda  Octavia Mk III (2013 - 2020) - BRISKODA

I have no idea if you can connect both headhunts at the same time, I expect you may get some strange behaviour as both will be sending CAN-bus messages and may cause conflicts 😕