Oil level sump sensor leaking on 1.6 FSI, seal or sensor?

Had MOT advisory say that oil sensor in sump is leaking a little bit. Not excessive but worth keeping an eye on to replace sooner than later. 

Garage said looks to be the seal and not a leaking sensor so if I can get just the seal/washer that may solve it. 

Does anyone know what the Skoda VW part number would be? 
Also is a separate washer/seal needed? 

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Looks like you'll need item 1 from here which is the o-ring: switches and senders on engine - Octavia(OCT) [EUROPA 2005 year] (7zap.com)

PN - 038103196 

You don't mention what year or engine code your 1.6 FSI is, but I'll take a stab at this being the right one.

Can check again armed with that extra data if it isn't that. See my signature if the term 'engine code' is a mystery to you.

26 minutes ago, raf300 said:

Garage said looks to be the seal and not a leaking sensor so if I can get just the seal/washer that may solve it. 

Answering that requires an actual inspection of the leak, the sensor and its seal.

As an aside, it'll be worthwhile checking that your breather system isn't blocked somewhere causing excess pressure in the crankcase, leading to this leakage.

If there is such a blockage or malfunction, other leaks will probably appear if not sorted.

There's no obvious (to me) other reason why an undisturbed o-ring should start leaking in a low pressure application like this.

I suppose if the sensor has been changed at some point, and the o-ring not changed with it, that would be an unsurprising cause of the leak.

• Like 1

Thanks Brezzy Pete. 
garage inspected the area and said switch not leaking and looks to be from the seal. 

the oil level sensor I don’t think has ever been replaced, at least not since I have had the car in the last 6 years. 
car has done 110k miles. 

the breather system you mention sounds interesting. 
how easy is it to check? 
can I do this myself from the top of the engine bay? 

I will check engine code and let you know if the o ring is the right one. 

Also I will be researching the breather system tonight and will try to look at it tomorrow. 
Might be a simple fix, fingers crossed 👍

On 13/08/2022 at 19:04, Breezy_Pete said:

Did find o-ring, it's been around in a drawer for a few years but you can have it for postage plus a couple of quid if you want. PM me if you like.

16604137824805595415051760983165.jpg

16604138098029163404925070251752.jpg

Hi Pete 

I found out through Skoda garage my engine code is BLF. 

I have ordered the part through skoda as it was £5 all in and will arrive next day. I hope this fixes the leak, I hope to update you all once the seal is changed. 

Thanks again for your offer. 

• Like 1