Flickering head lights

Hi guys looking a bit of advice my headlights on 2019 sel executive have started to flicker at times not always but noticeable at traffic stops .would this be a head light bulb replacement needed (£85 PER BULB ) ? .

thanks for any help given .

Phil 

It could be the altenator dropping Voltage at idle, but also the bulbs nearing end of life perhaps yes.  If you have HID headlights, the D1S I think from memory is the bulb fitted, and I would advice you replace the pair.

If you can confirm if they are indeed HID, that would be good.

Yea thanks for that info they are HID headlights replaced the battery around 3 months ago also .but interesting about the alternator could be the cause I see no flickering while driving and when the car moving even at slow speeds it seems to stop .I do lot of night driving so dont want unit failing while I'm out in the sticks .

Thank you Phil. 

1 minute ago, Fil3337 said:

HID headlights replaced the battery around 3 months ago also .but interesting about the alternator could be the cause I see no flickering while driving

Could be the luminaires, or could be a CANBus error.

There are very recent as well as old threads on batteries and needing coding in, do you remember who did the replacement?

Not saying it is this, but can upset the car if not coded after change, seems a tad early for a battery replacment.

20 minutes ago, varooom said:

If you have HID headlights, the D1S I think from memory is the bulb fitted, and I would advice you replace the pair.

The Superb uses D3S Xenon bulbs.

.....and they're a royal pain in the behind to remove/replace!!

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 2

Thanks guys for replying. I changed the battery myself after stop/ start  stopped working and i got low battery warning i got the correct one from euro car parts and paid the extra for better quality  .im a taxi driver so car  driven to 1000 ml per week and lot of  short journeys inner-city work.

did not code the battery could this be the issue ?. 

Thanks phil .

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Duggerchopz said:

My mechanic said whoever designed those light housings needs shot.  Pain in the arse to change

All Skoda had to do was provide a panel which can be removed like the A6, but I think it was a case of Simply CBA

I’m changing my bulbs soon as they’re pretty poor, I just don’t know whether to get Osram NBL or CBN 

Edited by Danoid