Full leather seats for mk1 vrs?

Did anyone ever find which other vw/audi group seats can fit straight into the mk1 vrs without any serious modification?  I want to go all black leather and also replace the door cards to get rid of the light fabric.

Sam 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, sammyhale30 said:

Did anyone ever find which other vw/audi group seats can fit straight into the mk1 vrs without any serious modification?  I want to go all black leather and also replace the door cards to get rid of the light fabric.

Sam 

As above, the best would be the L&K interior. However, the seats are horrid.

If you want decent leather seats, I'd recommend the Recaro Heated Leathers from a MK4 Golf.

I ripped out the L&K seats and upgraded.
IMG_1299 Medium.jpeg

As Dean said Golf/Bora Recaro leather, very comfy and hold you in place better than any Octy seats. got mine out of a Bora.

Golf 4 R32 Konig seats look great, some people find them uncomfortable due to the wings in the shoulder area, and very hard to find and ridicously expensive at the time I changed my seats.

S3 Recaros also fit. LCR fit but not an improvement on Octy seats.

• 3 months later...

hi 

On 03/09/2022 at 22:51, niceyellow vrs said:

I put S3 heated and electrically operated Recaros in mine. Mega comfy and look real sweet too.

20200524_185415.thumb.jpg.2b479e6ae2f5d6c78d4c1b6c152682cc.jpg

20200524_185333.thumb.jpg.dac3a7421ef3dd906d7f05d51f59ea8c.jpg

how did i mange to fit these i mate i'm looking at a seat. easy to fit without any serious modifcations? 

Just now, Camvrs said:

hi 

how did you mange to fit these i mate i'm looking at a seat. easy to fit without any serious modifcations? 

Only downside of leather seats, is that with the accompanying electric motors et cetera, they are about twice the weight.

I had a set but didn’t fit them as I use my car mainly for Track Days.

From memory, the standard seats are about 28 kg each, the S3 leather seats I had were far, far heavier.

Out of interest, the Lotus, Elise seats i now have fitted weigh 3 kg each! 

26 minutes ago, phazed said:

Only downside of leather seats, is that with the accompanying electric motors et cetera, they are about twice the weight.

I had a set but didn’t fit them as I use my car mainly for Track Days.

From memory, the standard seats are about 28 kg each, the S3 leather seats I had were far, far heavier.

how you got some photos of the Lotus Elise seats? 

On 15/12/2022 at 15:34, phazed said:

😂

Made me smile as I wondered how they'd look in relation to the rear seats....

I was going to say that I looked into the leather option but in the end decided on Mk4 cloth Recaros.  They are nice & huggy plus they aren't cold in winter or too hot in summer.  They also have heating elements, I just haven't got round to wiring them in yet.

PXL_20211024_115011910.jpg

PXL_20211024_115022808.jpg

On 12/12/2022 at 17:31, Camvrs said:

hi 

how did i mange to fit these i mate i'm looking at a seat. easy to fit without any serious modifcations? 

Physically a direct bolt in. Electrics for the fronts was just a case of running a live feed from the buzz bar under the dash and earthed to a convinient bolt on the chassis under the seats. I sorted the heating by buying a ready made Kufatec wiring loom and mounted some mk4 Golf switches in the dash.

Few pictures on my project thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/443848-niceyellow-vrs-nice-red-vrs/page/2/

• Administrators
On 23/12/2022 at 10:22, niceyellow vrs said:

Physically a direct bolt in. Electrics for the fronts was just a case of running a live feed from the buzz bar under the dash and earthed to a convinient bolt on the chassis under the seats. I sorted the heating by buying a ready made Kufatec wiring loom and mounted some mk4 Golf switches in the dash.

Few pictures on my project thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/443848-niceyellow-vrs-nice-red-vrs/page/2/

Yeah, don't do what I did and dig out a loom for 4 hours from a mates L&K! 😆

I'd like the cloth ones personally and to get the middle part retrimmed to match the rest of the interior. As much as I like mine, I'm not a massive fan of leather.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
  • Like 1