Skoda Fabia vRS leather seat option - brochure or documents?

steveo1

Hi,

Does anyone have a brochure or any tangible or electronic document which Skoda released to advertise the option of having the vRS seats upgraded to the leather option?

I remember, at the time, reading about it but for the life of me I cannot find any documents showing it.  Did they release an actual document or was it just a promotional email etc?  I do remember seeing pictures of the leather seats aswell - standard black leather, green stitching and red piping, standard vRS logo but without the limited edition embossed numbers.   From memory it was a £1300 option, I wonder how many people took up the offer? 

Attached images show the genuine Skoda Fabia vRS leather seats I am referring to.

Also, as these were an option here in the UK - does anyone know who officially got the contract to supply these leather seats?   Don't say Seat Surgeons as they use a different template for their Fabia seats (which I am not really a fan of). 

Thanks,

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Thank folks.   

@AnnoyingPentium - had a look but no joy 😔   Some good links there & some are missing (unfortunately).

@softscoop - That was the writeup I remember but do you think there was any official documents provided by Skoda?  There must be.

The hunt continues.

• Like 1

I'm not having much joy in sourcing the documents or official advertisement for the leather seat upgrade 😌

I have found the original part number for the upgrade though: 

Part No. ZGB6Y0061625

Reference: Leather Seat Trim Upgrade

I did, however, manage to get my hands on one of the seats!!!   An upholstery company based in Leicester where replacing their display seats and they had one of these vRS leather upgraded seats on a display plinth!  I am putting two & two together and reckon they were the upholstery company that provided Skoda UK with the upgraded seats upon request.   The guy who I dealt with didn't have any background information but is going to see what information he could pull together from his colleagues 🤞

I have a limited edition Fabia vRS and I can tell you this upgraded leather seat matches the quality in every way - it is the exact same apart from the red piping, green stitching and minus the embossed number.  

I also made contact with Skoda UK and was told to contact the Parts department @ my local Skoda dealer who could check the part number.  I did this and indeed it brought up the reference as "Leather Seat Trim Upgrade" however there was not documents etc attached.

So, yeah, if anyone has a document, screenshot, email, .pdf of the original promotional advert I would be so grateful!

IMG-20220905-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20220905-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 2

From memory (it was a long time ago), when I was in sales at Skoda at this time they used to add things to the options list and make little fanfare of it, first you'd see was it appearing as an option to order on the vehicle ordering system, then you'd see amended price lists. Not everything was shared via bulletins and updates to the network.

I remember when Xenons were suddenly available to order on Fabia Elegance models late in the MK1 production run, we found out more by accident than anything else that it had even become a configurable option.

Few of our Fabia vRS MK1's were ordered with the factory leather option as with a £1300 price increase it pushed the overall price of the car closer to the Octavia Mk1 vRS so made that look better value then than the Fabia. We certainly never specced up any Fabia vRS demos with leather, normal options for those were Cruise Control as everything else made them pricey.

Edited by Lofty

So xenon was an official UK option on the elegance at some point?

I've spotted a couple of elegance with xenon and always wondered how it was possible, as I don't ever remember seeing it as an option in the brochures.

278311989_1531766580608134_5493971417474660155_n.thumb.jpg.fc386001b1c19d70db16eb4fc00700ff.jpg

I've deff seen / sold an Elegance with Xenons, knowing Skoda it was probably for a limited time to get rid of parts etc, I have a vague recollection of an elderly customer ordering a real unicorn of a car, a 2.0 petrol Elegance with every option but in some hideous exterior colour / interior combo and he had to pay a massive deposit for it just incase he cancelled.

I've not seen many (non SE) Fabia vRS in Europe with leather so again it could have been a UK option only. 

When you get deep into the ETKA parts system you can see that the Europeans had different rear seats in the vRS in so much that they could specify a fold down rear armrest in the rear, and try as I might I have never been able to source the parts over here, and only ever seen one pic of the rear seat on line. 

Also don't forget that the majority of Euro Fabia vRS came with Xenons as standard as nearly every one had them, even the SE's.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lofty said:

When you get deep into the ETKA parts system you can see that the Europeans had different rear seats in the vRS in so much that they could specify a fold down rear armrest in the rear, and try as I might I have never been able to source the parts over here, and only ever seen one pic of the rear seat on line. 

Same as the seats from a decent-spec 9N Polo by any chance?

51 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Actually it was a manufacturer option on the Elegance, but headlight washers that work were standard.

You're thinking of the Octavia.

Mk1 Fabia only got headlight washers if the car had xenon headlights.

2 hours ago, Lofty said:

I've deff seen / sold an Elegance with Xenons, knowing Skoda it was probably for a limited time to get rid of parts etc, I have a vague recollection of an elderly customer ordering a real unicorn of a car, a 2.0 petrol Elegance with every option but in some hideous exterior colour / interior combo and he had to pay a massive deposit for it just incase he cancelled.

I've not seen many (non SE) Fabia vRS in Europe with leather so again it could have been a UK option only. 

Also don't forget that the majority of Euro Fabia vRS came with Xenons as standard as nearly every one had them, even the SE's.

You do see some odd spec cars in europe. I remember when I did the Skoda factory tour, and one of the workers showed us his mk1 Fabia.

Cayenne Orange 1.9 TDI PD100, with vRS bumpers and interior. All original from the factory to his spec.

Saw a lot in the factory car park with a small extra badge on the boot lid, which meant something like "Factory worker specified and built car"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lofty said:

Here's an RS with the rear arm rest

https://auto.bazos.cz/inzerat/156781214/skoda-fabia-19-tdi-rs-162kw.php

156781214(4).thumb.jpg.09de1f249d7a2e4e03bdc6c5fc35349d.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, softscoop said:

Look at the spec on that!! 

Rear Electric Windows
Xenons
Electric Sunroof
Side Airbags
Middle Rear Headrest

Rear seat centre armrest - very jealous of this!!!

Seems like they command good money in Czech as well as here, asking £5000 gdp for this

Edited by Lofty

4 hours ago, softscoop said:

Saw a lot in the factory car park with a small extra badge on the boot lid, which meant something like "Factory worker specified and built car"

Wow, interesting stuff :thumbup:

Thanks @Bogwoppit - nice to see an official document showing the leather seat upgrade!   Will have a look online to see if this brochure is available.

I have x2 copies of the limited edition brochure to go along with my car.  I had another one but someone 'misplaced' it when my car was displayed by Skoda earlier this year for the launch of the new Fabia 😔  Skoda were displaying all the previous Fabia's and asked could they use mine in the showroom.  I will put a post up soon about it.

@softscoop - some super rare Fabia combinations on that Czech website, I love it!  I have spent the morning trawling through the various Fabia RS's and found another one with the fold down centre arm rest (and head rest for bonus points):

Skoda fabia rs 1.9TDI 96kw - Praha 1 | Bazoš.cz (bazos.cz)

299509914_FoldDownArmRest.thumb.jpg.2eb5677360ed78f6e0209f43c8795205.jpg

Another one with the rare Gear Stick lock (manual cars):

Fabia rs 1,9tdi 96kw - Praha 4 | Bazoš.cz (bazos.cz)

694149374_GearSticklock.thumb.jpg.1f1134dc768c0a0565174e2393ef08aa.jpg

image.png.e562bd7d92926975516a88759ca7fa3a.png

Must get back to work here and stop getting distracted 😏

Ltd 1..jpg

Ltd 2..jpg

Ltd 3..jpg

• Like 2

That Fabia is a really good find. Every single option by the look of it!

They have the wrong dash cup holder though.  The one fitted has the straight edge.

There was a separate one produced specially to go next to the sat nav. It has the same curve profile as the opposite trim piece, presumably to avoid catching on the slightly larger nav compared with the single din standard 

12 minutes ago, softscoop said:

That Fabia is a really good find. Every single option by the look of it!

They have the wrong dash cup holder though.  The one fitted has the straight edge.

There was a separate one produced specially to go next to the sat nav. It has the same curve profile as the opposite trim piece, presumably to avoid catching on the slightly larger nav compared with the single din standard 

Spot on levels of Fabia Geekery right there!

See here close up on mine. 

IMG_7905.JPG

IMG_7906.JPG

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 3