Court order for child access

MattHunt

Hello,

Back after some time, mostly due to divorces issues...anyway...

So the ex, after throwing my 11yr old son out last Sunday and dumping him at the end of my partner's Road, wanted him back ( he agreed) and now she reducing access to him and his younger sister.

She has chopped and changed access over the past 4 years and it seems that the time for a child arrangement order has come.

Has anyone here had to go through this please? I am trying to plan ahead for pitfalls etc.

Thanks

Matt

A log will help, as suggested.

However, the system is totally swayed towards the females in this situation (I talk from experience) and it’s gonna be an uphill battle, regardless. 

There’s equality for you. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thank you.

I have a long history of WhatsApp messages showing her delightful nature and luckily my partner was on hand to witness the impact on my son. She also overheard a phone call with my ex screaming at me.

I have heard various tales of the bias.

I believe that the Court will pay some heed to children over 10?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MattHunt said:

I believe that the Court will pay some heed to children over 10?

This is the theory.  I don't know how it applies in practice in England. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/children-will-be-seen-and-heard-in-family-courts

It's different here in Scotland.  I think my son would have been 12 when he applied for a Residence Order, on his own behalf, to live with me on a full-time basis.  

As I was a Social Worker in Child Care and Protection, I had something of an advantage in knowing how the system operated. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

A belated update: we're off to Court as the ex is still messing around with access and the kids told me that she rowed with her mum a few weeks ago and the Police arrived. Not having my kids around the ex laws too often...

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, MattHunt said:

A belated update: we're off to Court as the ex is still messing around with access and the kids told me that she rowed with her mum a few weeks ago and the Police arrived. Not having my kids around the ex laws too often...

Extremely unfortunate that people in disputes like this resort to using the children as a weapon. 

• Like 1