How to remove glove box area

Djcj

Hi all.. would really appreciate some help please.

My skoda 2010 fan only works on “4” so I need to replace the resistor.

I don’t have a glove box, just an empty hole type thing.

please could someone give me instructions on how to remove the glove box/hole?

I can’t see any screws at all!!!

Instructions for dummies would be great!!

Thank you

On 26/09/2022 at 17:57, Djcj said:

Hi all.. would really appreciate some help please.

My skoda 2010 fan only works on “4” so I need to replace the resistor.

I don’t have a glove box, just an empty hole type thing.

please could someone give me instructions on how to remove the glove box/hole?

I can’t see any screws at all!!!

Instructions for dummies would be great!!

Thank you

Hands up anyone who still drives wearing driving gloves and who keeps them in the glovebox!

Ditto anyone who puts parcels on the parcel shelf.

Or anyone that owns and wears a Car Coat to protect themselves from the elements when driving their car.

To qualify as a car coat the hip pocket must be large enough to retrieve an ice scraper with a (drivers) gloved hand while sitting to scrape the ice from the inside of the screen that has built up while driving.

Sorry for the thread drift but needed to get this off my chest!

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Try this, but if you're doing anything with the airbag (or others electrics) best to disconnect the battery, with the battery disconnected also take this opportunity to recharge the battery too.  -

ETA: Also on reading it I'd never use a screwdriver on old plastic, if you haven't any plastic trim tools (like me) then you could try using old (or new) plastic spatulas or other such tools (like me, if new wash dry and return to place if you've not asked permission).

And I'd use a squirt of GT85 instead of grease as grease catches and holds fluff/grit/debris/dust dirt (depending on your car)

Edited by nta16
ETA:
  • Love it! 1

Ever since I was caught cleaning and drying car parts in the kitchen my wife's given me drying up towels, knives, wooden and plastic kitchen tools for the shed as she uses it as an excuse to buy new ones, just for the change!!!  I've even got Tupperware and do you know how expensive that plastic was! 😲

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, nta16 said:

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Try this, but if you're doing anything with the airbag (or others electrics) best to disconnect the battery, with the battery disconnected also take this opportunity to recharge the battery too.  -

ETA: Also on reading it I'd never use a screwdriver on old plastic, if you haven't any plastic trim tools (like me) then you could try using old (or new) plastic spatulas or other such tools (like me, if new wash dry and return to place if you've not asked permission).

And I'd use a squirt of GT85 instead of grease as grease catches and holds fluff/grit/debris/dust dirt (depending on your car)

Thank you NTA16! Exactly what I was looking for. Really appreciate it.

• Thanks 1