Fabia - Maxidot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And have you got any more info on those dial rings - they look quite nice!

milotec do similar ones

one question about thew dashpod, do you need sensors in the doors for the maxidot to display which door is open?

chrome rings ala milotec - i have them fitted also do one for the fuel gauge. search chrome speedo rings!!

at JCB Essex tomorrow so will ask about maxi dot as a retro fit

milotec do similar ones

one question about thew dashpod' date=' do you need sensors in the doors for the maxidot to display which door is open?[/quote']

All Fabia's know what doors are open anyway, you can see through VAG-COM,I assume it uses those sensors.

I would have thought so. But remember its in KPH.

Yes, it´s right, but I forgot your cars use MPH panels. Newertheless it´s possible to buy MPH facia (only that film with serigraphy or what it is) and swop the KPH fascia with it - I guess the calibration of the needles (or pointers???) must be the same.

• 3 weeks later...

How much time would be involved in trying this out + cost, I might be interested if someone is prepared to spend time on this. Got official VAGCOM lead etc so that wouldn't be a problem.

I definitely need MPH scales and the correct mileage showing.

Does the steering wheel need to come out?

How much time would be involved in trying this out + cost' date=' I might be interested if someone is prepared to spend time on this. Got official VAGCOM lead etc so that wouldn't be a problem.

I definitely need MPH scales and the correct mileage showing.

Does the steering wheel need to come out?[/quote']

30 minutes to do that (replacement + VAG coding)

steering wheel doesn