Headlight bulbs ??

Crucian

I use my headlights when it's dark, I don't really bother otherwise.

I live in the countryside so when it gets dark there's no street lighting to interfere with my headlights, townies need brighter headlights so they can blind each other under street lit conditions and in car parks.

• Haha 1

The Fabia does have poor headlights, no matter whether you live in the countryside or town.

I fitted LEDs to my daughter’s projector lights. A little better over Osram Nightbreakers, but still more like candles.

20 minutes ago, 26DIPP said:

The Fabia does have poor headlights, no matter whether you live in the countryside or town.

I fitted LEDs to my daughter’s projector lights. A little better over Osram Nightbreakers, but still more like candles.

Nope, they're 50/55W halogens the same as every other car on the road of that age.

Literally EVERY other car.

The problem is the elderly owners' eyesight or the desire to make a 20 year old car look like a 10 year old car in the dark.

21 minutes ago, 26DIPP said:

But it then depends on how the light is projected onto the road. And the Fabia is not good at that.

I drive like a bat out of hell on twisty B roads in the pitch dark using the standard headlights and have only experienced problems when the lenses got cloudy so I stripped them back and polished them and they're like new again.

The beam pattern is subject to a standard and all cars have to comply so your argument that the Fabia is somehow different simply doesn't hold water.

I don't really care that some people feel it necessary to stick crap all over their cars but they need to accept that the reason they're doing this is for themselves, not because of some imaginary fault with the car.

• Like 1

I will say my fabia's headlights are pretty crap but the standard lights I had before were slightly better than my monte carlo ones though, regardless of the full beam setting which is a joke on the montes.

I do have 150% Halfords bulbs which is probably why because they're most likely not 150%. One reason I liked the fabia is because I wanted projectors for ages so I can use an LED/HID kit (Yes I know they're illegal...), yet my two previous cars with reflectors had better output but again, both of those had nighbreakers.

14 hours ago, Phil866 said:

I put 150% halogens in my Fabia projectors but the biggest improvement was to have them aligned and adjusted properly. 

Totally agree, setting the projector lamps to limit of 0.5% makes a massive difference when on the road at night, mine were originally down at nearly 2%

• Like 1