Lights/bulbs

Evening all,

I have recently bought a mk3 Fabia Monte Carlo (2019 plate and 95bhp) whilst my mk1 Fabia vrs is off the road. I am really enjoying the car so far. I thought I’d find the engine too underpowered however it’s fine for my route to work.

I don’t plan on any modifications as such (as that’s what I’ve kept my mk1 for) however I fancy changing the headlight bulbs to bright LED / white ones (or whatever they’re named now!) oppose to the standard yellow ones. I feel they look a bit naff against the nice LED strip.

Has anyone changed theirs and if so what ones did you go for? Had a look online but not sure of what to get.

I fitted Osram Night Braker Laser to mine or the Philips Xtremevision.

I also needed to raise the Headlight aim as well on mine.

Thanks, AG Falco

Fitted philips +130% to dipped and main (4x H7) and they are a massive pain to change especially on the passenger side with the battery in the way. Hence why I fitted some that are brighter but have more longevity vs the philips gt200 for example.

2019 headlights I imagine are a different style mine are the projector dipped, reflector main and LED DRL fyi.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a 19 plate Fabia 111 SEL with 4 x H7 bulbs.  Wanted to upgrade these to Osram Night Breaker bulbs as the standard fitting bulbs are poor.  Have conflicting info from three dealers.  First say I will get a message about bulb failure on the dash as the resistance is different.  Second says the same and it will also be an MOT failure.  Third also says the same about the dash waring and says fitting them will affect any extended warranty.  I think the warranty issue is BS and I can see that a dash warning could affect the MOT but will I actually get a bulbs failure waring if I fit Sram Night breaker or the Phillips equivalent?

4 hours ago, STEW said:

Wanted to upgrade these to Osram Night Breaker bulbs

Exactly what I fitted 6 Years ago.

On 24/11/2022 at 18:46, AGFalco said:

I also needed to raise the Headlight aim as well on mine

No warning lights have ever come on.

Apart from when one bulb failed/stopped working, so the car did the correct thing and warned me.

No problems with four MOT's the car has had.

This was worth doing on my car.

You have been fed some BS, me thinks.

Thanks. AG Falco

No dashboard warnings or MOT issues. Still going strong on my set of philips +130% I had fitted 2 years ago.

Only time you'll get a bulb warning from replacing a bulb is by replacing a halogen with an LED and then not coding the BCM to expect that bulb to be LED.

As a bit of a side note...... Is it a case of removing the battery then to replace the headlight bulbs on that side?  Fancy putting something brighter in our 2019 Colour Edition (Reflector for all four bulbs) as i do a lot of motorway driving at night but not too fussed if you have to remove the battery etc.....

On 29/01/2023 at 03:41, WaveyDavey said:

Is it a case of removing the battery

No.

But some people have found it hard. See this post for help:-

Thanks. AG Falco

• Like 1

Hello

It seems that Skoda modifies the headlight bulb fixings according to the models.

Here are photos of the headlights fitted to my 2020 Fabia Combi, with H7 bulbs. On the instructions, it is indicated that to take out the bulb, you must first press the base down, then take it out.

Personally, I had difficulties, because the bulb got stuck. Eventually I pulled and pulled out the circular spring that holds the bulb, and had great difficulty getting everything back in place.

(Google translation)

Skoda Fabia Mk3 (NJ) Phare frontale 6V1941016D 030111520200.png

Skoda Fabia Mk3 (NJ) Phare frontale 6V1941015D 0301115201 - png.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FabiaDrive125 said:

It seems that Skoda modifies the headlight bulb fixings according to the models

Definitely different to mine.

Thanks. AG Falco