Rear wiper blade 2022 VRS?

Does anyone happen to know which Bosch Aerotwin rear wiper is supposed to fit the current petrol VRS please?  Amazon seems to think it's the A331H however that one doesn't fit and according to ebay the A332H doesn't fit either.  I hope they haven't forced OWM blades only as they appear to be rubbish (and expensive).

I’ve decided there’s no point replacing it - even though the garage told me it needed it when it was in for its service the other week. It’s no worse than it was when brand new, and I figure any other make is going to be just as useless. Certainly not worth spending money on unless I need to when it gets to MOT time in a couple of years.

Sorry - that didn’t really answer your question at all though…

1 hour ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I’ve decided there’s no point replacing it - even though the garage told me it needed it when it was in for its service the other week. It’s no worse than it was when brand new, and I figure any other make is going to be just as useless. Certainly not worth spending money on unless I need to when it gets to MOT time in a couple of years.

Sorry - that didn’t really answer your question at all though…

You don't need toworry about it for an MOT. Only front wipers are tested.It is not a case of 'if it is fitted it must work properly'.

In what way doesn't it fit?  Should be a 13" blade which A331H is.  It fitted my Sportline no issues.

EDIT: my bad. It fitted my 2020 Sportline no issues.   Are 2022 facelifted versions really that different?  Certainly looks the same size of screen.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

When checking on the parts program, you can see 2x entries for the rear wiper blade.

565 955 425 - Pre facelift

565 955 425A - Facelift (I have not found which Bosch blade fits)

1097763369_KodiaqRearWiper.thumb.png.cdd033c28124a43315362da9d0b4be8c.png

If you look here you can see that the same blade part, the OEM number should be 565 955 425 for a Bosch A 331 H

Which you are saying doesn't fit, so you might be needing a facelift blade

2 hours ago, varooom said:

565 955 425A - Facelift (I have not found which Bosch blade fits)

Ah, thanks for clarifying.  That explains why it won't fit.  No sign of anything other than OEM then, which is a bit of a disappointment.  I wonder why there was need to change with the facelift?

Edited by Dappernut
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dappernut said:

Ah, thanks for clarifying.  That explains why it won't fit.  No sign of anything other than OEM then, which is a bit of a disappointment.  I wonder why there was need to change with the facelift?

I suspect it's down to the possible technology changing in rear for camera etc, so the new blade doesn't foul it?

Only a guesstimate on my behalf.

I had a Bosch A 282H 11” 280 mm rear blade I’d bought for my previous Yeti lying around so thought I’d try it.

The blade is the correct size but the cut out in the Kodiaq rear wiper arm to locate the blade locking button is now oblong , and a different design,and the button on the Bosch blade is square. So it looks like Skoda have the monopoly on rear blades at the moment.

0A7C15B4-7633-4D46-9548-4D2CB65F04EF.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

As you say a 330mm blade looks like it'd foul on the facelift spoiler so at least there's justification for making a change to a 280mm blade, and I suppose the change in connection prevents you fitting the wrong one.  I'm surpirsed however that over 12 months after the facelift launched that all the parts sites are all still recommending the wrong one.

4 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

All the sites?  Bosch only list front blades for post facelift models.

And even they are not quite correct. The original Skoda fit drivers side blade is 25” whereas Bosch only list a 24” blade as replacement.

Having fitted the Bosch blade on my previous Kodiaq it does fit fine and doesn’t leave any obvious un wiped area of screen.

11 hours ago, Kenny R said:

And even they are not quite correct. The original Skoda fit drivers side blade is 25” whereas Bosch only list a 24” blade as replacement.

Having fitted the Bosch blade on my previous Kodiaq it does fit fine and doesn’t leave any obvious un wiped area of screen.

Sorry I'm not quite understanding. Are you saying the windscreen on the facelift model is bigger?

No, the original fit skoda blade on the drivers side on pre facelift and current Kodiaq is a 25” blade. Bosch only recommends and supplies a 24” blade, which as said does fit and does not leave any obvious un-wiped area, but is in reality the wrong size.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

No, the original fit skoda blade on the drivers side on pre facelift and current Kodiaq is a 25” blade. Bosch only recommends and supplies a 24” blade, which as said does fit and does not leave any obvious un-wiped area, but is in reality the wrong size.

You are bang on the money as usual.

Here is the OEM number, that has now been superceded

1806326125_KodiaqFrontWiperRHD.thumb.png.a151125b4de61d8e48496337b5682160.png

Part number 567 955 426 has been replaced by 567 998 001, but that new number is hard to find in any catalogs yet.

Using the old number, it appears in Autodoc

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/valeo/13774292

55922208_ValeoFront.png.586773f0979dc70a306f70b9d6a13842.png

623216187_OEMNumber.png.ffbd21cff3be5d5398b27010e13ccae4.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, varooom said:

You are bang on the money as usual.

Here is the OEM number, that has now been superceded

1806326125_KodiaqFrontWiperRHD.thumb.png.a151125b4de61d8e48496337b5682160.png

This is really confusing.   The 1st part number you quoted is a single blade.  The 2nd part number you quoted is for a pair of blades - it's two differnet things.

But as I understand it, Kenny R is saying the front wipers haven't changed - it's the rear wiper that has.

Or am I just being an idiot?

• 3 months later...

Update on this. I ended up buying a Skoda rear wiper blade. On inspection of the old blade, the wiper rubber can be extracted quite easily from the end.

I then removed the 280mm rubber from a new Bosch yeti blade I had lying, and with a bit washing up liquid to help inserted it in the Kodiaq blade. 
Wish I had thought of this earlier, but there you go, if you don’t want to pay Skoda prices , just buy a Bosch Yeti rear blade and replace the rubber in your Kodiaq blade.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having just received my new Kodiaq, I’ve joined this club - “my old spare blade won’t fit”.

No obvious reason for Skoda changing the mount.

I’m disappointed my 2 spare A331 blades won’t fit.

But, considering the above tip regarding renewing the rubber blade only, that’s option 1.

Having now dismantled an old 331 blade, I think it might be possible to simply remove the 2023 central mounting piece and refitting it to an old style 331 blade.  Option 2 for consideration in future at blade change time.

ps - the front screen blade mounts remain the same so my stock of Polo / Kodiaq Bosch blades can be used in future, even though Polo and Kodiaq come with different lengths

pps - I like to carry spare wiper blades under the boot floor in case one blows off, or as I found one time a German vandal ruined my rear wiper arm and took the blade

6E1168D9-B4E3-44AA-B343-A6C81A5E4F2F.jpeg

5DDEC33C-6C21-4900-8F01-A36D73571D7F.jpeg

7075BC65-3664-4176-A917-FE26DBBD7BB8.jpeg

Edited by BoxerBoy

2 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

2 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

one time a German vandal ruined my rear wiper arm and took the blade

I reckon you got off lightly BoxerBoy ….. it’s the Romans I feel sorry for  😂

“The Vandals were a Germanic people who sacked Rome and founded a kingdom in North Africa that flourished for about a century, .”

• 9 months later...

Still no sign of a Bosch replacement blade for facelift models, and the replacement from dealer is both expensive and rubbish so having spied this one on eBay I have ordered one to see what it’s like. Put it this way it will be hard to be worse than the Skoda effort.

IMG_2985.png