Rear wiper blade 2022 VRS?

New blade from EBay delivered today and have fitted will update on performance etc.

New blade on left original on right..

And on looking at receipt, blade supplied by Heyner UK

IMG_8668.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I followed the above suggestion - and noted that the Karoq area had exactly the same conversation going with the same reference.

So, prompt delivery of said G3 blades resulted in a couple landing through my letter box today. £1.50 discount for buying 2.

Fitted easily as usual.

Will pop the under the boot floor with the other spare blades. Can sleep easy now 🙂

IMG_6404.jpeg

IMG_6405.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2024 at 15:13, G-man-kodiaq said:

I've just ordered this. The noise from the rear wiper was annoying me too much.
https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/suv-1-years-2022-to-2024-wiper-blades/bosch-a284h-wiper-blade

Please do report back if it is the correct fitting, always nice to have another option than paying 3 times the price to a dealer for a blade.

On 07/04/2024 at 19:13, Kenny R said:

Please do report back if it is the correct fitting, always nice to have another option than paying 3 times the price to a dealer for a blade.

They've just emailed me saying that they are still waiting on stock 😂

11 hours ago, G-man-kodiaq said:

They've just emailed me saying that they are still waiting on stock 😂

Same here.

I took a flier on them after seeing your link, so I blame you! 😉

nah seriously though the original is so annoying I have to do something

On 09/04/2024 at 22:48, xspartx said:

Same here.

I took a flier on them after seeing your link, so I blame you! 😉

nah seriously though the original is so annoying I have to do something

I replied to them asking how long the lead time was and they said they were trying to get it out the next day and apologised. I wonder if others ordered as well and they got an avalanche of orders 😆

2 hours ago, xspartx said:

They arrived this morning.  Look a good fit, maybe 1/2” shorter than the originals.  No squeaking in operation!

Haha, you're faster than me. Mine arrived yesterday and still not fitted them. Good news though!

On 13/04/2024 at 12:27, G-man-kodiaq said:

Haha, you're faster than me. Mine arrived yesterday and still not fitted them. Good news though!

Now fitted and tested in real rain conditions and I can happily report it's silky smooth operation! 

1 hour ago, G-man-kodiaq said:

real rain conditions

It's never been /that/ bad when properly raining... it's when it's a bit damp and so it wipes across an almost-dry rear window that's the biggest issue.

Anyway, sounds a million times better than the original (not exactly a challenge), so I will have to overcome my lethargy and replace mine at some point.

3 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

It's never been /that/ bad when properly raining... it's when it's a bit damp and so it wipes across an almost-dry rear window that's the biggest issue.

Anyway, sounds a million times better than the original (not exactly a challenge), so I will have to overcome my lethargy and replace mine at some point.

Yep apologies, that's what I meant by "real rain", IE not simulated via the wash wipe. It was usually most annoying when either selecting reverse or when it was light rain. 

I do need to get the dealer to look at two other rain related issues though. Driver side front parking sensor goes mad sometimes when there's heavy rain, plus front wiper motor makes a clicking type noise after 10-15 mins of use. But been too lazy to book it in yet.